Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42896 by aahhbach
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:12 am
Recently switched from Vonage to Ooma - I ported my number over with no problems. For the most part, I have been very pleased with Ooma. Recently, however, I get periodic comments from friends and family that when they call (number ported Jan 3, 2010) they get a "This Number is No Longer in Service" - maybe not the exact phrase but close enough. This has happened multiple times from 3 different people that I know of. If they try calling from a different number, they can typically get through.

I know that 1 of the callers came from a Vonage number that I had referred to Vonage years ago - since I ported my Vonage number to Ooma, could that be a problem? Not sure of the origin (service provider) of the other incoming callers - but they report to me the same No Longer in Service Message.

I was able to call out to them without a problem once they notified me (email, different phone, etc.).

Other calls seem to come in just fine.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thx
#42898 by murphy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 am
Call Vonage and ask them to remove your number from their database. As long as your number is in their database as a disconnected number, no one on Vonage will be able to call you.
#43064 by ScottinSF
Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm
I had this same problem this past Monday. One of the people who got this message several times on Monday called me on Tuesday (from the same phone number) without a problem so I assumed it was a temporary glitch on Ooma's part. In my case, my phone numbers were ported from AT&T and one of the people who had this problem called from a Verizon number.
#43166 by Chassey
Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm
Longview/ Glimer/ Tyler Texas area stil having problems with the system resetting itself. It does this frequently here and the internet service is more than reliable.
#43578 by aahhbach
Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm
murphy wrote:Call Vonage and ask them to remove your number from their database. As long as your number is in their database as a disconnected number, no one on Vonage will be able to call you.

Thanks - I called Vonage and they said that yes - this may be a problem. The are taking my old Vonage number that I ported to Ooma out of their system - the rep said it would take 24-48 hours.

I will post again if I still have a problem.

Thx for your help.