Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42819 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 pm
hogdoc wrote:I get it now as I changed it to a "shared device" and now both lines ring. Problem is that both lines go to the same common mailbox which does not fly for a home office setting. Would like to have everything as a personal device and have the choice to roll over incoming calls to a second line only if the 1st line is in use but maintain the voicemail for the coresponding number. Hope that makes some sense!

Probably the closest you will come is to re-assign the second line to the Hub and use a two line phone, with the phone's first line fed from the Hub and the second line fed from the Scout ( the Hub and Scout next to each other with wall ports connected). Or as murphy suggested you could use two Scouts if the Hub is in another room, with one Scout assigned and the other shared. You can activate "do not disturb" on either device to send calls directly to their respective voice mails if desired.
#42987 by Shutterstuff
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm
As hogdoc said, I too have a Hub and Scout hooked up. I have 2 numbers, with one assigned to the Hub and one to the Scout. Hub is shared and Scout is not. This works well with my Panasonic 2 line cordless phone system.

I personally would prefer to be able to turn off call waiting like I did with Vonage! If a second call comes in, I feel I should have the option of either a busy signal or sending them to voice-mail.