Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42255 by shmerls
Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 pm
Will Ooma ever include Canada along with the USA? Currently it costs $.14 a minute. My VerizonWireless rate is $.09 if I buy there international plan and pay $3.99 a month. If not, then the minute rate is $.49. Ouch. MagicJack includes US and Canada together with no extra cost to call Canada, but they do charge $20 a year for their service.

I now use Ooma for US calls, and MagicJack for Canada calls, but of course my computer needs to be on to use MagicJack. But I would rather pay an low one time rate and get Canada and support Ooma than another system if Ooma had one. Maybe the do and I just don't know about it?
#42269 by amoney
Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Previously I thought Ooma's $5 (500 min) plan was weak compared to the competition. After review, I guess it is not so bad it bascily covers the same international countries except for a few differences.

I do agree Canada should be on Ooma's list.
#42272 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:00 am
shmerls wrote:Will Ooma ever include Canada along with the USA? Currently it costs $.14 a minute.

Just to clarify, Ooma's Canada rate is $0.014 per min.
You can use Google Voice to place the call from your Ooma phone for free.
#42322 by shmerls
Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:57 pm
Didn't know about Google Voice, watching some of their videos now. Seems you have to be invited first so I applied to them. To jump ahead.. is the process that I get a Google Voice phone # added to my account, then use the phone plugged into my Ooma and press 2 and then the number? I've been thinking of getting a Droid and that will force the issue of me importing my contacts to Google. If I do that, then to use Ooma and I correct the calls to Canada via Ooma will be even easier and I won't have to hand dial/press the numbers on my phone?