Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41948 by EDog
Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm
I'd love to be able to use my Telo from my laptop just like I can with Skype. I was shopping online the other day, found the item I wanted, looked for the local BestBuy phone number via their web site, the Skype software recognized the phone #, I clicked on it, and Skype dialed it for me (my one and only free land line call!). Had a great conversation with the clerk right through my laptop's external microphone (integrated with the web cam -- Sony VGN-FW250J). Sweet!

I'd love to be able to make calls Laptop->Telo, or Skype->Telo, etc. Also, it would be nice if I could forward my land line to my Skype account, and take calls in the hotel when I'm on the road via my laptop.
#42308 by Tomcola
Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 pm
I have used X-Lite, a softphone, with a digital online phone system in the past. If Ooma could set the connection parameters in our account online, it may be possible to launch X-Lite on your PC and use it anywhere you have a connection. Check it out at http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html.
#43398 by Soundjudgment
Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:42 pm
Tomcola wrote: it may be possible to launch X-Lite on your PC and use it anywhere you have a connection. Check it out at http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html.

::Developer Tools
::Create customized SIP-based VoIP applications with our SDKs (Software Development Kits).
::C++ Edition COM Edition Active X - Web Edition View all

Hmmmmm, perhaps a nice, summer project for Ooma.
#43540 by Tigger
Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 am
Of all the features I can think of that Ooma could add, the ability to make a phone call using my Ooma phone number from my personal computer is number one with a bullet! I sometimes have to make International phone calls when I'm away from the house and paying cell phone rates is killing me.

Seriously, I'd pay a premium (and I'm already a Premier member) for a "soft" Ooma.

Oh, and if you do make this a reality, *please* make sure it works on a Mac.

Thanks!