Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40931 by brwilliams
Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm
It would be great to have the option of "Talking Caller ID" added as a feature to the telo. This feature would allow you to hear who is calling rather than screening the call when a message is being left or having to run to the phone to see who is calling. Some phones have this feature, but it would be nice if it was incorporated into the telo itself.
#41094 by nebebo
Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:32 pm
I totally agree. Talking caller ID would be a BIG selling feature for the premier upgrade. I so would pay for an upgrade just to get this feature.
#41135 by Mike-o-Matic
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 pm
My local Walmart stocks these, for about $15: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11063190&findingMethod=rr

Can't tell you how well it works though, but at that price, I'm tempted to give it a try myself.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Note that the product name "Emerson Large Display CID with backlight" is hard to search for, because it contains neither the words "Caller ID" nor "talking." However if you jump down to the 'product details' section, it's all described there. Kind of important details (and not everybody knows "CID" means "caller ID")... you'd think they'd make that clearer. Oh well.
#41136 by Mike-o-Matic
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 pm
I also found an SBC-branded unit, apparently identical to the one The Talker showed, sold by Newegg for about $17 plus $6 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16876998025&cm_re=caller_id-_-76-998-025-_-Product

No user ratings yet, oddly enough.

Buy.com also has it, and apparently the cheapest price of the lot, around $21 shipped.
http://www.buy.com/prod/grace-digital-audio-sbc-40c-grace-digital-audio-talking-caller-id-unit/q/loc/111/210254122.html
#41138 by The Talker
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 pm
I have seen the announce only small device for cheap also. Around $15 K-Mart, Wal-Mart type stores.

This type device can also be found with similar products for mobility challenged stuff. They tend to have bigger buttons, louder volume control settings and sometimes lights that flash when it rings in addition an audible alert.

I like my DECT 6.0 Uniden as the answer machine base has a corded phone and a cordless handset. They both light up. Many times I have the ringer off as I find it annoying. Especially when there is a message and I'm not ready to play the message, the dang thing beeps until you pay it some attention!

But for times when the ringer, light and bells are on, I love the caller ID announce feature!
Attachments
CEZAI2998a.jpg
CEZAI2998a.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 9757 times
#41387 by Mike-o-Matic
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 pm
That is one WILD lookin' phone, Talker!
#43495 by The Talker
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 am
amoney wrote:Panasonic.

Does your Panasonic caller ID announce the name or number? Can you set it to announce either or both?

I am a bit unhappy with what I bought as it announces the name and I haven't found an option to have it announce the number. I prefer to have the number announced.