Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40639 by kenderd
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:27 am
I have all my phones hooked up to the wall outlit with the telo black box and they all work. But if I take a phone and put it in any other wall phone jack it doesn't work. Can you help. I had time warner cable before and all my phones worked on all my wallphone jacks. thanks Deb
#40671 by southsound
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am
Do you have a cable running from the "phone" port on the Telo to your home's wall jack? This is what feeds the other jacks in the house. If you are using the "wall" port on the Telo, that is the wrong one to feed your house. It has only a limited use of being where you connect a landline if you are configuring your system to work with it. Since hat is not the case you should have nothing plugged into the Telo's wall port.
#40792 by kenderd
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 pm
No, I'm not in the wall port on the telo, I have the phone cord from the wall going to the telo phone port. I don't understand if when I had cable all my wall jack connections worked. Should I have something comming from the computor to the phone wall jack? When I cancelled cable I had to bring in my modum in and they replaced it with a different one. Could that have something to do with it? I like the telo, but I need to use my wall jacks upstairs. I still am on my 30 day return, so hopefully we'll fiqure this out. Thanks Deb
#40821 by Leeway
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:06 am
Deb, Did you ever go into your actual telephone customer box and unplug the customer phone connection in there? I had to do that for a friend who switched from cable to Telo before all of her phone jacks were working.

Donna
#41062 by kenderd
Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:47 pm
I took your advice and looked at my phone and cable phone wiring. Now, this is all speculation but I think the cable man took all the phone wiring in the phone box and put it in his box. If that's the case there are alot of colors on those wires and I'm not really sure were they all go. Could this solve my problem if I get someone to tell me how to go back and put all the wires back into the phone co box?
#41067 by bw1
Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm
You're going to disconnect the wiring from the telco demarcation box anyway, but I don't know what your wiring looks like. You probably want to look at the wiring behind the wall jack.

In addition to the link I posted which has additional links, here is another:
http://mi-telecom.org/distribute.html