Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40173 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:37 pm
Like the humble, cute and cuddly raccoon said,

Making a customer a lifelong supporter: Priceless
#40176 by ooma-fan
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm
Initially I planned to get one more year's premier at $99 and that'd be it. The margin for VOIP carriers in future will be thinner with more and more competitions/innovation, the only winner will be the end-users. Since OOMA has been very slow in rolling out new value-added premier features, who knows what OOMA's future will be???

But yesterday I changed my mind, and went for the life time. So far as an OOMA fan, I'd paid almost $700 for OOMA premier, to support OOMA's growth:) - $250 for hub and scout, $99 for the first year of premier, and now $350 for the lifetime.

I echo Lee's recommendation, OOMA should consider extending the Lifetime offer to all of those who would like to invest in OOMA's success.
#40233 by RosemaryT2
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 am
I missed this offer also -would have done it in a heartbeat. Ooma missed a big opportunity by not just sending us all an email with the offer. I think they should re-think this and let those of us already set up in on the "special"
#40248 by joeed2
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am
I think at this point it is a dead issue. The deadline was 12/31/09, which was extended unil 01/03/10. And now all the decision makers at Ooma are probably at CES in Vegas until 01/08/10. Which then gets us to 01/11/10 as the next working day.

At that point lifetime service will be a distant memory. And they will be moving on with whatever the next big thing is from CES.
#40317 by Lee168
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 pm
If 12/31/2010 is a hard deadline would be one thing. If some is allowed to enroll 1/3/2010 then it is unfair. In most business, systematic is an acceptable practice. If one happens to call in the right time (1/3/10) when most consider it is not a working day. It put one in hit the lotto situation, while me consider to be an common person with common sense calls in 1/4/10 gets rejected
#41043 by oomg
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:39 am
joeed2 wrote:There was a sticky on the top of every forum for a couple months about the $99 annual extension and the $350 lifetime. It said over and over again that the deal ended 12/31/09. The sticky was something like 40 pages by the time it was removed at year end, re-hashing and re-iterating that the deal ended 12/31/09 for 40+ pages.

This is true... and during the afternoon of 12/31, I contacted ooma to arrange for lifetime on both of my accounts. During the process, I was told that their computer system crashed, but that I should not worry as my order would be processed. In fact, one of the two orders was processed, but the other one wasn't. I attempted to contact Ooma sales on 1/4, only to be told that the program had expired. Since most of the knowledgeable people at Ooma were likely at the CES show, I have decided to wait until next Monday (1/11).
#43977 by oomg
Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Just an update. When I got to Ooma on or about January 11, they were able to confirm that I had, in fact, called on the afternoon of the 31st, and in short order added lifetime to my second account. However, I was tole that lifetime would not show on the account until my existing Premier expired. As most of you know, I have been (and continue to be) an avid supporter of Ooma. However, I felt a bit frustrated after being told on January 4 that the program had expired, and thus, I was too late. Nevertheless, realizing that the CES was being held in Las Vegas during that week led me to conclude that most of those with decision making authority would not be available to listen to me. Calling the following week made things much easier.
#44170 by whn
Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:50 am
Tivo offers Lifetime for over 8 years now ++

Its good money maker, Tivo's $399 x say 100 customers, is good chunk of change

the problem is for start ups like OOMA, this can lead to say a domino effect, or a Bernie madoff situation, no new money will come in and the company will collapse.

So they need people to subscribe at the $99 a year level to keep afloat as well as sell new Telos hardware.

Im sure once they get profitable like Tivo, they will bring back lifetime when they are in say OOMA Telo 3 or Telo 4, etc.

They just have to grow profits and sales first, and probably saw too many lifetime sales and realized right now, they need to develop subscribers at $99 a year for at least a year or 2 first then offer lifetime perhaps when they are profitable.

Tivo also got rid of lifetime after the first year and then re-introduced it later.
#44213 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:22 am
The Talker wrote:Can't help think of Veruca in Willy Wonka, "But I want it now Daddy"!

And as we all know, "She was a bad egg."
;)