Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40020 by SDGeek
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 am
I thought I would give a bit of feedback on my first few days with my new Ooma Telo. Configuration was quick, and I actually spent more time mounting my power strip to my A/V cabinet than I did getting the Telo up and working.

Some quick observations.

- Power adpater plug feels solid, but is touch and power cycled the device twice while moving it around. I have seen the post about power plug and will get a new one if that becomes a problem with the final layout of my gear.

- Porting of phone number was an easy process so far. I completed the option in Add-Ons in My Ooma (currently down with an internal WWW server error 500) and received an email within 24 hours with the LOA to complete.

- Call quality is very good. There was a slight pulsating buzz on the line that was noticed during the first extended call. Not perceptable on the other end. Could be my wireless phone base station is within 12 inches of my Wireless router.

- Phone support answered within a minute when I called to see if they had received my LOA and phone bill. They were not able to check to see if the email with attachments had been received, but made a note on my account that I had called to check status. I made the call to see what support time was.

I have been reading through the forums for the last week as I was waiting for my device to arrive. I bought it on ebay for a great price and am very happy so far. It is interesting to read back through the blogs and forums to see the progression of the company. I event went to archive.org and took a look at the https://www.ooma.com website in the way back machine. Interesting reading.

Me.

IT professional for the last 15 years. Started as Customer Support (phone) for ISP, now in Banking.

My setup.

Cable Modem - WR54G - ooma Telo (Telo in the DMZ of router - QOS on the router enabled with priority by LAN port). I was streaming HD through Netflix while making a call and everything seemed to work as expected.
#41182 by skellener
Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am
Been using Ooma since about Sept. 2008. Haven't had any problems. Many relatives and friends also now use Ooma as well. No complaints. :D
#41774 by Nancyg0919
Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:23 pm
I am also a new user and set up my Oooma yesterday. I am computer/modem/router illiterate and was able to set it up correctly just by reading the instructions very carefully and using some logic. I have no idea what type of modem or router I have, but I setup the Ooma Telo between the two and paid close attention to the ports I plugged the cables into. So far, so good. I am optimistic that I will be a happy Ooma customer. I browsed some of the topics in this forum and almost decided against buying the Ooma, but realized that people in general do not read directions carefully. My only complaint so far is that the Telo didn't come with a complete manual, although I found a lot of answers to my questions in the forums. I will give it a couple of months and then talk to my friends and relatives about switching to Ooma.