Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39894 by manilow215
Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:50 am
We bought the Ooma Telo together and felt it was best to return it and each get our own. Is there anything I needed to do to follow-up and to ensure that all of my information that I entered to activate the returned Ooma Telo gets deactivated? I don't want to incur any yearly charges for an Ooma account and Ooma Telo system that has been returned and that I no longer have. I plan to buy another Ooma Telo when I get my own place soon and don't want to run into any account issues or charges going forward. Thanks in advance!
#39900 by The Talker
Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 am
I had bought a second Telo Base through another vendor that had a better price and package bundle deal. I returned my first Telo base and activated the second unit. (as suggested by Ooma sales staff) I am still waiting for Ooma to cancel the first account created and a refund of Premier paid on that first unit.

I think they will be flooded with calls on Monday Jan 4th for the after the holidays back to work schedule.

I have high hopes for Ooma and the final nail in the coffin for me will be if they delver the handset updates by Tuesday morning.
#39943 by The Picard
Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:01 pm
You don't have to cancel the account on the Telo that you're returning. All Ooma has to do is to transfer your account over to the new box. The exact same thing happened to me. I bought the Telo and a handset from Best Buy and then Ooma went and offered the same package for $229 (saving me about $85). Ooma recommended that I activate the new Telo and that they would transfer my account over within a few days. It took them about 4 or 5 days but they did finally do the transfer. The temporary number that I had been assigned with the new Telo just disappeared. After the account transfer was complete I returned the old Telo and handset.
#39945 by The Talker
Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:41 pm
I posed that suggestion and the rep said she no can do.
I was told the 6 month Premier and $100 International calling credit was associated with the activation codes on the devices.

In going with that, I have already returned the Telo base and 3 handsets and pretty much started over. Now I'm dealing with the issue of a credit of the purchase of the additional year of Premier on base #1 less the the handset I opted for.

And now it gets more complicated. I then bought the Costco Telo+3 handsets units with the 6 month Premier and $100 International calling. Numbers, account names, porting, credits.... updates... Arghhhhhhh
The account associated with unit #1 is still active even after a request to cancel it. I suspect it will remain active until the credit has been issued.

If the credit for the #1 Premier less handset option doesn't appear on my credit card in the next few days, I'll put an email in with Rich or somebody in the higher ups.

I have no problem in paying for what I have but have issue with not getting a credit for what I don't.