Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2193 by av8rdude
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am
I would like to see a vonage feature that allows you to multi-ring several numbers.
#2291 by AngelaKendig
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:01 pm
av8rdude wrote:I would like to see a vonage feature that allows you to multi-ring several numbers.

You can have another number ring, ie cell. Not sure about multiple, try seperating by semi-colons.
#10759 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 am
one more vote from me.

////////////////////
updated:
////////////////////

just updating my post in case Ooma folks need to know why we need more numbers for multi-ring.

case 1:
a lot of folks would fall in this category.

a) main line
b) husband cell phone
c) wife cell phone

example, kids at school and emergency situation.
nobody is at home.
dad cell phone out of battery or in DEAD zone area.
thus, school cannot reach dad.
this is where the 3rd (mom's cell) comes in.

case 2:
this is my situation.

a) business line.
b) cell phone with me.
c) phone inside the car which hardwired into my car.
d) wife's cell phone
e) biz partner

case 3:
people with elderly parents
a) main line
b) parent cell phone
c) caretaker cell phone
d) kid's cell phone

i think 5 multi-ring numbers shall be enough. :-)
Last edited by sokha on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10898 by epete
Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:06 pm
I had this with Cablevision's Optimum Voice and used it there. I miss this feature.
#16933 by dblenman
Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 pm
Agree completely! Had this capability with my Vonage service, and I would say that it was one of my favorite features they offered. Very much looking forward to it in ooma hopefully someday soon!

My circumstances for needing it are: I plan to use my ooma service on my desk at work and when I step out at lunctime, or go home in the evening - I'd like both my cell phone to ring and my cable provider phone line at home to ring as well (which is in my home office (since my cell phone doesn't work in my home office)).

I actually considered dumping my cable provider's telephone service and getting another ooma device for home and setting it up to just do an additional forward when it rings my home office. But, I wasn't sure that this would work. It seems like it should, but...?
#16939 by bw1
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:40 am
You're correct in your concern - Ooma to Ooma calls will not multi-ring your number.