Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38674 by jcarcopo
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 am
Davesworld wrote:Also make sure your Modem Port Mac Address is set to use built in.

I went ahead and set the modem port mac address to built-in.

I reserved this mac address for 192.168.1.192 in my Apple Time Capsule. Now I can access my Ooma from 192.168.1.192 as it will always be assigned 192.168.1.192 by my router and nothing else can inadvertently change this, not even me!

Thanks for the help Dave!
#38732 by hedstrom
Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:05 am
Just to echo the problem reported accessing the setup.ooma.com page. From my PC connected to the Home port, I could only get the left hand menu portion of the setup page to load. It didn't matter whether I used Firefox or IE. However, my MAC is able to get the entire page. Also, a PC on my LAN was able to access the entire setup page by going to the 192.168.1.xxx address, where xxx is the IP assigned to the ooma by our router (I am setup as: modem->router->ooma).

Can anyone tell me how you do a factory reset of the Ooma hub?
#41011 by amoney
Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 am
Davesworld wrote:You need to use the address your router assigns to it, you only use setup.ooma.com if you use the home port to access the device.

Also, you port forward exactly as you see in Wayne's attached picture. The internet port needs no forwarding.

Bump, and request for MODS to create a sticky thread for creating the port forwarding rule.
#67837 by Obfuscator
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 am
Interestingly, without setting up a DMZ or port forwarding, mine is working fine. I can access the setup page. This is my setup.

Cable->Cable Modem-> Router->24port GB switch->8port GB switch-> Ooma
I have both network ports of my Ooma connected to by 8 port GB switch

Now, I don't quite understand all of the network lingo being slung around this forum. Can someone explain why this works and if I have a security problem?
Thanks!
#67873 by nn5i
Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm
It works because, by connecting the HOME NETWORK port to your network, you have provided a path by which a PC on your network can get to 172.27.35.1 which is available only on the HOME port. I'm going to try that -- my Telo is connected to a switch in my network too.

I don't see any particular security exposure, since everything is behind your router.

Update -- it didn't work for me. Come to think, it also places the Telo's DHCP server in my network, which could cause a conflict. I'm going to undo it.