Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39150 by IHende2001
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:01 am
IHende2001 wrote:
DanHonemann wrote:I just tried calling both of the numbers I tried to assign as second personal numbers (from my land line)... both resulted in quick busy signals. So it seems the website is able to search the available numbers and reserve a number for use but the procedure ends there: it never gets assigned to my account.

Does anyone from Ooma support watch this forum, or should I write up a support email to them separately?

I just wanted to let you know, that I have the same exact issue. Got Premier (6 month trial). I tried to add free second number under Preferences-add number and after search the list appears. I select a number and nothing happens.When I try to do another search the number I had selected has disappeared from the list. I tried this from different computers (work & home) with the same result. This is either an ooma script bug, an account set-up issue on ooma's end or a Vista security issue. Could be all three.
I e-mailed support. Let's see what they say. And yes, it seems they do monitor the forum now and then.

Update:This is the response I received. This might work for some people, but it did not work for me:
"Our apologies for the minor setback. We might have run out of phone numbers in stock. Please check for Ooma number availability at http://www3.ooma.com/phone_numbers.php.
If we run out of local Ooma numbers in your calling exchange, you may check the link again after a week or two as coverage area expansion is done weekly.
Here are some options to try:
1. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer to access the web site or the online account.
2. Clear your cache and cookies.
3. Try getting a second number again.
Hope this works. If you encounter the same problem on the next attempt, please reply to this email for further assistance.
#39151 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 am
As you well know, there is an issue with Ooma's website when trying to add a second number. If you can get to the point where the number you want is displayed, call customer service and ask them to complete adding the number to your account.