Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38001 by Zermelo
Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm
I've had my Oom HUB/Scout for about a month, and absolutely love it. I also subscribed to the premier service and my number has been successfully ported.

But anyway, I've been browsing the forums for a few days to see if I could help anyone with the problems I've resolved with my setup and I've noticed there are a lot of threads where the original problem has been resolved, but there is no prominent stamp or marker in the title that says "[Resolved]".

This would really help out new people in the forum as they could read through the threads and see which ones have the same issues AND been successfully resolved.

I've been either part of or utilized a lot of open source projects and forums (Ubuntu, Compiz-Fusion, etc.) and their forums under each problem listed or topic that has been solved has a prominent marker in the title of the thread that says [Resolved]. These communities are very well established and this is a good way to give some guidance to new users that not only do other people have your problem but that they solved it or it has been solved.

I think it would be a good idea to institute this practice of labeling on this forum as well. I can't imagine that it would be hard to do, it would just take willing moderators.
#38010 by oldanbo
Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm
That makes two of us that have mentioned this. The response that I received from others was that it runs kind of on the honor system. In other words, the person who posted the problem/question is expected to modify the subject line.

Heck, I can't even remember what I've complained or asked about half the time. Getting a little old I guess. But with smilies, font colors etc. it should be easy to add a resolved button. I guess that I'm getting a little lazy too since it's an option in most other BBS's as you said.

Cheers
#38011 by Zermelo
Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 pm
Ok, understood, but most other boards have voluntary mods that would be glad to help out in modifying thread titles and cleaning stuff up. However, I do understand that since this forum is not completely public and based off of a product, selecting voluntary mods to do such thing could be problematic.

But I think it should be given some consideration.