trying to fax, but lost don't know what to do

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Sylvia Hayes

trying to fax, but lost don't know what to do

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 am

I am trying to use Essential Fax with my Telo to send a fax. I know I was told to put *99 in before my number. I tried adding it like this:

*991206#######

that didn't work so I did a search here and some have said to put a pause in after the *99, not sure what a pause is, but I used to do it years ago on dial up and think I had to use the # key so I put int two ##'s after the *99, but that didn't work. It tells me it is not getting a dial tone from my modem so I tried to put a couple of ##'s in before the whole number. Still telling me it is not getting a dial tone. Then I took out the ##'s and just put in a couple of blank spaces, not getting anywhere, I am probably way off on how to do it, so I need help.
slhayes

murphy

Re: trying to fax, but lost don't know what to do

Post by murphy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Standard modems use a comma to insert a 2 second pause.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Sylvia Hayes

Re: trying to fax, but lost don't know what to do

Post by Sylvia Hayes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 pm

Got it, thanks. It turned out that another problem I had was the phone line was not connected from the computer to the wall, so I had to put a duplex at the wall so we could connect the phone line to the computer. Once I did that I reset the send number so it looked more like this:

*99,,1206#######

I took the extra commas out that I tried at first, and it worked fine.

Thank you,
slhayes