Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40869 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 am
Just a reminder to people who feel this was released "half baked"... that's why it's marked a Beta. It'll improve over time, no question.

Keep the feedback rolling in, I'm sure the developers will take a lot of it to heart. I'm also sure that it wouldn't hurt to be polite when asking :D
#40879 by mikemac
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:17 am
Bobby or Dennis - any ETA on when the personalized Contacts will be passed to the phone's Caller ID (instead of Wireless Caller)?

Please support the ooma hub when implementing this feature. I would even go as far as to not query the CNAM database for calls in the contact list - that should save ooma some large bills - that's one good reason to implement this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks!
#40881 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am
mikemac wrote:I would even go as far as to not query the CNAM database for calls in the contact list - that should save ooma some large bills - that's one good reason to implement this feature as soon as possible. Thanks!

+1 to that! Anything that keeps ooma's costs low and contributes to the bottom line, is a good thing in my book.
#41261 by KenAF
Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:08 pm
mikemac wrote:Please support the ooma hub when implementing this feature. I would even go as far as to not query the CNAM database for calls in the contact list - that should save ooma some large bills - that's one good reason to implement this feature as soon as possible.
+2

I receive more than 2/3 of my calls from members on the contact list, and I suspect the same is true of many subscribers. That would really add up in savings for Ooma, especially if they encouraged/promoted use of the feature.
#43402 by fmladineo
Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm
Who on earth came up with the Contacts feature? You've created an export function (to CSV). Where's the import function from CSV? Surely, this isn't rocket science. Won't even bother using until an import feature is available. I'd like to be able to sync my iPhone contact to my computer, Gmail, and Ooma device.
#44410 by mikemac
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 am
KenAF wrote:
mikemac wrote:Please support the ooma hub when implementing this feature. I would even go as far as to not query the CNAM database for calls in the contact list - that should save ooma some large bills - that's one good reason to implement this feature as soon as possible.
+2

I receive more than 2/3 of my calls from members on the contact list, and I suspect the same is true of many subscribers. That would really add up in savings for Ooma, especially if they encouraged/promoted use of the feature.

Any update from the ooma staff when this feature will be implemented (caller id shows name in the contacts list instead of the CNAM database)?
#54917 by Kelly
Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm
I've been waiting for the contacts from my.ooma.com to appear on my telo handset. They did about a week or two ago. I then imported all the contacts from my cell phone via a csv format to my.ooma.com. All 58 imported fine online but my telo handset can only see 25 of them. Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers the telo handset has memory to store or does it access them online and this is just a bug? The telo handset doesn't recognize any groups the contacts are stored in and the only way I can access a number on the handset is to scroll down through them rather than entering the letters like on a cell phone. Are these 2 items bugs also or just unimplemented features?
#54919 by bw1
Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm
Kelly wrote:I've been waiting for the contacts from my.ooma.com to appear on my telo handset. They did about a week or two ago. I then imported all the contacts from my cell phone via a csv format to my.ooma.com. All 58 imported fine online but my telo handset can only see 25 of them. Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers the telo handset has memory to store or does it access them online and this is just a bug? The telo handset doesn't recognize any groups the contacts are stored in and the only way I can access a number on the handset is to scroll down through them rather than entering the letters like on a cell phone. Are these 2 items bugs also or just unimplemented features?

I have more than 25 contacts in my handsets. Did your re-sync? Try selecting Menu -> Service Settings -> Sync config.

You should be able to press the numbers on the handset to start a search within your contacts after you select the right arrow on the direction pad on the handset to get into the handset's phone book. For example, keying 47 should display contacts beginning with the letters G, H or I, then P, Q, R or S and contacts with the number 47 in one of the phone numbers for the contact. Or something like that. :)
#54920 by Kelly
Thu May 06, 2010 6:08 pm
Thanks! It took a few minutes after the sync for the rest of the numbers to show. I can access the numbers directly now that they are there to access. I really appreciate the quick response.