Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#36668 by fastlane01
Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm
OK, I've been pretty pleased overall with Telo and like the ease of 2 line use with a wired base for my Pansonic phone and a single Telo handset but enough with the slips.

I have 2 extra handsets waiting to get put into use and the one that IS working now has a constant battery cycle issue - before 31720 it stayed charged, now every night around this time the thing drains while in the cradle and then starts over - this is a bug in the software or my battery is doing weird things.

PLEASE get the next release to support multipe phones done! I am almost out of my return window...
#36679 by keckmowry
Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:54 pm
I too am growing very impatient with the software update. The release date has been pushed off for a third time! I have three handsets and the one I use indicates the battery is always 1/3 charged.
#36695 by Aveamantium
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 pm
keckmowry wrote:I too am growing very impatient with the software update. The release date has been pushed off for a third time! I have three handsets and the one I use indicates the battery is always 1/3 charged.

Try turning off by holding down the red hang up key for a few seconds. Then turn on by taping the same button. Resetting my handset seems to have "fixed" the battery indicator.
#36701 by mhouge
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm
Yeah, I agree, this is pretty weak on ooma's part. I've owned two handsets for exactly a month now (I had to exchange one at best buy on the last day of my 30 day return window because the battery suddenly died/fried while on the charger). At any rate, I can appreciate a company that's growing faster then they expected; but it seems like the inmates are running the asylum (engineering-wise). All I know is December 18 (the new slip date) should be viewed by management as make-or-break. The next Friday is Christmas day. I would guess there's quite a few telos/handsets under the Christmas tree that will be quickly returned if the handset/battery/faxing thing isn't worked out.
#36720 by tesla2
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:59 am
My premier free trial will be over in 25 days. I have not been able to use the Telo-Handset system as it was advertised (ie., multi-handset support). I suggest that Ooma offer at least an additional two months of free premier service to those customers who have registered a Telo prior to a release of multi-handset support.

Before I go ahead and dump Verizon POTS, I want to test out the system with the 4 handsets I have already purchased.

Again......OOMA.....I suggest you offer at least an additional two months of free premier service to those customers who have registered a Telo prior to your relase of multi-handset support.
#39159 by keckmowry
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 am
It is Dec. 30th and still no update to allow me to use the 3 Telo handsets I purchased over two months ago. They claim it will be ready by the end of December. They didn't mention a year. 2010?
#39163 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 am
As a matter of preference, would you rather have an interim fix that allows multiple handset use but may still have a few bugs that will have to wait until a subsequent fix? Or would you rather wait until an update for multiple handsets with no known bugs is available? Mind you, I have no knowledge of Ooma's intentions or timetable for updates, just wondering how most folks waiting on multiple handset support feel about interim updates vs. stated calendar goals.
#39166 by Aveamantium
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:01 am
Groundhound wrote:As a matter of preference, would you rather have an interim fix that allows multiple handset use but may still have a few bugs that will have to wait until a subsequent fix? Or would you rather wait until an update for multiple handsets with no known bugs is available? Mind you, I have no knowledge of Ooma's intentions or timetable for updates, just wondering how most folks waiting on multiple handset support feel about interim updates vs. stated calendar goals.

Never Mind...
Last edited by Aveamantium on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#39194 by wtnixon
Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:57 am
Quite honestly, I would have like to have purchased a product that works out of the box. It's quite frustrating having a purchase which I can only use 25% of. Now I'm up against the clock praying that I can try the products I purchased BEFORE the return period expires. My handset is just 25 feet from the base and it keeps disconnecting with range and it goes to 75%-50% as soon as I make a call. By the way, I charged it for more than 24 hours the first day, and seldom use it due to fear that I'll be disconnected. But, you probably think I'm a "complainer" since it doesn't work well...
#39195 by southsound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm
wtnixon wrote:Quite honestly, I would have like to have purchased a product that works out of the box. It's quite frustrating having a purchase which I can only use 25% of. Now I'm up against the clock praying that I can try the products I purchased BEFORE the return period expires. My handset is just 25 feet from the base and it keeps disconnecting with range and it goes to 75%-50% as soon as I make a call. By the way, I charged it for more than 24 hours the first day, and seldom use it due to fear that I'll be disconnected. But, you probably think I'm a "complainer" since it doesn't work well...

I hope others don't find this response too negative, but I believe if you only have a 25' range with your Telo handset that either the base or the handset are defective and all the updates in the world won't fix things. Even before recent power adjustments, my range was always at least double that. I am not sure what they can do with the battery meter firmware, but I know it is also still a bit flakey.

The only complication to my advice below is that you have been an ooma customer for some time. Did you transfer your hub account to the Telo along with your Premier subscription, or are you still using the hub? If you didn't make the transfer and still have your hub, then I would take the Telo and handset back and repurchase (if you choose) in 6 months when the firmware, features, and maybe even hardware are more "mature." If you have transferred your account to the Telo, then I think you will need to get support involved to see if you can get things back on your hub, if you still have it.

I have had somewhat better experience with my Telo - in fact, there will be a day that I will be using it exclusively and will find another home for my hub. But my needs are probably different than those of many others - and I have a Uniden DECT 6.0 base with 5 handsets on my Telo's phone port. I use the Telo handset less than 10% of the time and only for our second number that I use for a non-profit organization we run.

I hope you are able to work things out to your satisfaction before the deadline. And I have no doubt that if you decide to put your "upgrade" to the Telo off for a few months, when you finally do make the switch things will be much different. :cool: