Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#36263 by Sylvia Hayes
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:37 pm
I just had my number ported today, we took the premier package and it looks like the temporary ooma number I was assigned is still the extra number I have. Do I have to request to keep it if I want or is it automatically my Ooma second number? I did think it would allow me to use the system calling the Ooma number from one of the other phones, but when I do that all I get is voice mail. Is there some way to use the two numbers so that one of the other house phones will ring when you call your number(s)?

By the way I am surprised how loud the connection is. we went back to AT&T after using Vonage for a while, and I thought AT&T would give us a good strong connection, but was disappointed to find out how hard it could be to hear people when we were making calls with the AT&T landline.
#36305 by The Picard
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 pm
The ported number will become your primary number and the temporary number will be your second line. I just went through the exact same thing in the last week.
#36790 by newbs
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 pm
I also signed up for Premier and ported my number, but the temporary number seems to have disappeared. :(

When I try calling that number now I get a message that it has been disconnected, and it no longer shows up in my ooma account. I guess I can assign a new number, but I really liked that number because it had several digits in common with another one of my phone numbers.

Is there any way to search for particular numbers in ooma? That was one of the things I liked about Google voice.
#36791 by Aveamantium
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm
When you go to add the second number it will ask for the first six digits a number in your area (eg. 970-489-XXXX). Once you enter it, the screen will display all available numbers for that area. Keep in mind with Premier, you can grab a number in another exchange that would be local to someone you know. That way they won't have to pay long distance when they call you. Just did this for my family in Denver.