Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35545 by southsound
Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am
Since it can only be reached from inside your network is this really important? Not much here that could be used (even by an computer active teen) to cause problems.
#35554 by ben_b
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm
Plenty of things that could be changed here. QoS, DMZ, etc. Any setting changes in there would mess my setup up quite a bit. Perhaps you have chosen to run an open network or you share your wireless key with friends -- this isn't stuff you want them changing. I just think req. a password to make changes would be a good OPTION.
#35559 by Aveamantium
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 pm
ben_b wrote:Plenty of things that could be changed here. QoS, DMZ, etc. Any setting changes in there would mess my setup up quite a bit. Perhaps you have chosen to run an open network or you share your wireless key with friends -- this isn't stuff you want them changing. I just think req. a password to make changes would be a good OPTION.

If you're that concerned about it, put the Hub/Telo behind your router... That way the only way to change these settings would be to physically connect to the home port.
#35561 by southsound
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:33 pm
ben_b wrote:Plenty of things that could be changed here. QoS, DMZ, etc. Any setting changes in there would mess my setup up quite a bit. Perhaps you have chosen to run an open network or you share your wireless key with friends -- this isn't stuff you want them changing. I just think req. a password to make changes would be a good OPTION.

I hadn't thought about that. I have a 26 character key for my wireless that only I know and my hub and Telo are after my router. I also use OpenDNS so I have to reach the setup pages by entering the IP of the unit instead of setup.ooma.com. So I guess the optional password might be a good idea for some networks. I hadn't thought about the havoc that a lan party could cause. :shock:
#35603 by ben_b
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 pm
Aveamantium wrote:If you're that concerned about it, put the Hub/Telo behind your router... That way the only way to change these settings would be to physically connect to the home port.

You could do this however that could impact the voice quality. Yes you could setup QoS on the router (assuming it supports it) however generally it is better to let Ooma handle it's own QoS and have it be first in the line of network equipment.
#35611 by Aveamantium
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm
ben_b wrote:
Aveamantium wrote:If you're that concerned about it, put the Hub/Telo behind your router... That way the only way to change these settings would be to physically connect to the home port.

You could do this however that could impact the voice quality. Yes you could setup QoS on the router (assuming it supports it) however generally it is better to let Ooma handle it's own QoS and have it be first in the line of network equipment.

I'm one that won't disagree with you on this! ;)