Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35333 by ffrankk
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 pm
Hi,

I have been using my Telo for about two weeks. It works great! I would like to buy another one for my home phone and fax line. Presently I only have one number with my first telo. Without doing the speed test again, I am not sure what my speeds were, but like I say, my first unit works very well. What are your thoughts regarding more that one on the same broadband (cable)? Also, my broadband connection enters our place of business, which is approximately 100 feet from our home. Do you see any problems using a phone that far away from the hardwire connection?

Thanks

Frank
#35347 by bw1
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:55 pm
You might want to verify your speeds, but you should probably be OK.

I've had more than one Ooma on my cable internet connection with no problem. I do have 1 meg upload speed though.

The other thing to note is that you won't be able to use the built in QOS of the Telo, since you'll need to have at least one connected after a router.

I've had mine connected to a switch after my router.
If you connect one before the router and one after, I believe you have to change the Home IP address of the one after the router.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to daisy chain them - connect one to another.

Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Ethernet wire is supposed to be good up to 185 meters, so you should be OK to run an Ethernet cable that far. Or are you asking something else?
#35375 by southsound
Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:56 pm
ffrankk wrote:Hi,

Also, my broadband connection enters our place of business, which is approximately 100 feet from our home. Do you see any problems using a phone that far away from the hardwire connection?

If you are going to put the two Telo systems in the same location and use the Telo handset at a distance 100 feet away you may have problems. Seems like the handset is not capable of reliable phone calls past about 60 feet. Of course, if you are using the wired port there is no problem.