Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33896 by Tampaite
Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm
Groundhound wrote:Just a guess, but I would imagine that they estimate the margin on that bundle will not be very high, and they want to use it as an additional enticement for Premier subscriptions.

Well, they are leaving money on the table!

As a basic(core) customer, the Ooma device is a sunk cost for me and Ooma isn't getting any more money from me.

If they allow me to sign up for this offer, its additional $5 per month for Ooma.
#33897 by WayneDsr
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 pm
Tampaite wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Just a guess, but I would imagine that they estimate the margin on that bundle will not be very high, and they want to use it as an additional enticement for Premier subscriptions.

Well, they are leaving money on the table!

As a basic(core) customer, the Ooma device is a sunk cost for me and Ooma isn't getting any more money from me.

If they allow me to sign up for this offer, its additional $5 per month for Ooma.

I don't understand. (after the initial equipment purchase) You have FREE dialtone, FREE Basic Voicemail, FREE caller id (number), FREE Call waiting for the life of your unit.... And you don't want to give this great company any MORE money?
How is it you expect Ooma to survive? Amazing......

Wayne
#33899 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm
Tampaite wrote:....Ooma isn't getting any more money from me.

I'm sure they know they have customers like you. Thing is, that 500 min. $5 package represents a very substantial discount for calls to some countries, perhaps approaching the 0 profit point for Ooma. Let's say for example you make calls to India totaling 500 min. for a month. You can pay Google Voice $35 (India rate = $0.07/min) or you can pay Ooma $15 and get Premier plus the 500 min. But if you feel a need to make sure you are not giving any more to Ooma you can surely give it to someone else and make yourself happy.
#33912 by Tampaite
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 am
WayneDsr wrote:I don't understand. (after the initial equipment purchase) You have FREE dialtone, FREE Basic Voicemail, FREE caller id (number), FREE Call waiting for the life of your unit.... And you don't want to give this great company any MORE money?
How is it you expect Ooma to survive? Amazing......

Wayne

You are right. I have everything FREE but I did put down substantial one-time investment so it would pay off in the next 2-3 years until then am hoping Ooma will survive..

You are forgetting that If, Ooma goes bankrupt tomorrow or stops providing service then, am holding the bag pal..

Also, what do you mean 'any MORE money'. I would be willing to pay the $5 per month for this service. its plain and clear.
If Ooma can't surive on that then its a different issue.
#33913 by Tampaite
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:48 am
Groundhound wrote: But if you feel a need to make sure you are not giving any more to Ooma you can surely give it to someone else and make yourself happy.

if its approaching ZERO(0) profit point then am sorry to say but Ooma will start to lose more money rapidly..No business can support a losing entity or service forever...

Its not about being happy, I have made an investment with Ooma and I want Ooma to succeed and be successful. In the long run, this outcome is a win win for everyone.
#33914 by hutbay
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 am
I'm a premier subscriber but I can see how a bundle deal for non-premium subscriber would be beneficial for ooma - perhaps a $9.99 500 minute package, people like buying things in package even if they won't use the minutes.

Reminds me of a recent NYT article regarding Cell phone pricing, http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/business/15price.html?_r=1.
#33928 by arkumar15
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 am
I agree with Tampaite. Yes, Ooma should not limit the international bundle just to premier customers. It would be nice if ooma allows the basic (core) customers to sign up for this plan. If someone signs up for this international bundle, along with premier subscription, then it would cost the customer about $ 15.00 per month which is way more for the 500 minute international bundle and of course you will get the premier features which not all customers want it.

If for example, for the same 500 minutes, people from India can get at the price of $ 5 to $ 8 per month depending on the carrier they are choosing. If one would sign up for international bundle along with premium, then it costs twice the money they can get from outside carrier. This way ooma is still losing those customers who want to sign up just for international bundle.