Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#30391 by jackswife89
Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:49 pm
I would like to have the option of being able to disable the ooma voicemail feature and use my home phone answering machine at times. I would prefer to use ooma's voicemail when I am away from home and would like to use my home answering machine when I am at home and screening calls because I find ooma's screening system to be very annoying for two reasons:

1. I hate that it plays my recorded greeting out loud in addition to listening to the incoming message when I am screening calls. My home answering machine only plays the incoming caller.
2. I hate the voice at the end of the caller's message that says, "Your message has been recorded. Thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine. Goodbye."

If these two issues were resolved then I would not have the desire to disable the ooma voicemail feature while I am at home screening calls.

Thank you.
#30808 by bells05
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:53 pm
Why not just set the number of rings to like 7 and your home phone voicem machine to 4 ? Any number higher than your home VM box will work. That is what I do...
#31529 by jackswife89
Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:22 pm
I have tried that, but it does not work. The ooma picks it up every time even if I have it set on the maximum number of rings. My number will be ported this week. Could the fact that my number has not been ported yet affect my being able to bypass the ooma and use my home answering system for screening calls?