Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#30111 by Nadershaah
Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am
Can somebody answer this question, Please?

Hi, I was interested to purchase Ooma Core from amazon.com but before doing that i have a question,
If i buy the core unit today (oct. 30, 2009) do i need to pay RECOVER FEE after the 2nd year or is it going to be free for life? Please make sure your answer in correct before you answer it. Because it looks like nobody knows exactly the answer to this question!! Or answer it truthfully??!
(I have heard if i buy the mentioned unit before jan 1, 2010 i will be ok and Another person says i should have bought it before oct. 01 2009) Which is correct?
I know recoery fee is $12.00 a year. I rather not pay because it might get higher without any notice.

Thank you.
Oct. 30, 2009
#30144 by lchan
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 pm
This had been discussed many many times in this forum. You can look at the blog dated 10/2. It mentioned:

New or Unactivated Ooma Hub/Scout Combinations
a. No changes to your promised feature set, includes voicemail and a 60 day Premier Trial.
b. If you want to purchase an annual Ooma Premier subscription, you can do so until 12/31/09 at $99.99, after that the price will go up by $20 to $119.99
c. No regulatory recovery fee will be charged

There was no mention of a date. It just said new Hub/Scout Combinations. I activated mine after 10/2 and was not asked to enter any credit card information.
#30149 by byersthja
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 pm
At some point Ooma will be selling the Core product with new packaging so it will covered under the new TOS. As far as I know, all of the Core products currently available, except those sold at Costco, are under the orginal TOS and are not subject to the recovery fee.