Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#29873 by Sylvia Hayes
Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:32 pm
Will internet faxing work with Ooma? I rarely have to send a fax but once in a while I do and I use Essential Fax as my software. Earthlink said it would not work when I had Earthlink, but with time and patience I was able to make it work. I only use it for sending for prescriptions for my husband.
#29942 by mary
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm
Hello Sylvia Hayes.
I am Mary. Yes it works with Fax. But I do not have any idea on the Internet Fax. Ooma can be connected with a Fax. For more details you should take Ooma support on the web, maybe it can help you on your query.
Thanks.
#29943 by Neubiee
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 pm
Sylvia-
Essential FAX is a software program that uses the dialup modem on your computer to send/receive faxes. If you look- I am certain that you will see a phone cable going into the back of your computer. So therefore EssentialFAX is not considered Interent Fax.

Like previous representative pointed out, faxes will work. Just remember to dial *99 before you start dialing(only when you send faxes)

If you are very skeptical of the OOMA. Here is what I would recommend: downgrade your ATT service to the bare minimum service(eg. just a dialtone service, I believe about $5/month) By doing this you would be able to still receive incoming calls for free and also have the peace of mind in case if there is internet or power outage.

Buy an OOMA and get a new number(which they give you for free!) You can use your OOMA for all your calling needs and keep ATT as a backup line in case of an emergency.
#29984 by Sylvia Hayes
Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 am
Neubiee wrote:Sylvia-
Essential FAX is a software program that uses the dialup modem on your computer to send/receive faxes. If you look- I am certain that you will see a phone cable going into the back of your computer. So therefore EssentialFAX is not considered Interent Fax.

Like previous representative pointed out, faxes will work. Just remember to dial *99 before you start dialing(only when you send faxes)

If you are very skeptical of the OOMA. Here is what I would recommend: downgrade your ATT service to the bare minimum service(eg. just a dialtone service, I believe about $5/month) By doing this you would be able to still receive incoming calls for free and also have the peace of mind in case if there is internet or power outage.

Buy an OOMA and get a new number(which they give you for free!) You can use your OOMA for all your calling needs and keep ATT as a backup line in case of an emergency.

You are right, Essential Fax is a software program and not internet fax. I used Mighty Fax which is the same type of program with Earthlink (which I believe uses Vonage) I was told it wouldn't work but if I was persistent I could get it to work. So, I will save your instructions on how to make it look like a fax machine. *99 I never tried that.