Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#29151 by ssmith
Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:45 pm
I started using Ooma this spring I signed up for premium account and ported my old phone number. Everything was working until Oct 14 2009. Now I can only receive calls on the phone number Ooma provided when I installed the system. When I call my ported number from my cell phone I get a busy signal.

I am not sure if the ported number is working at all as the Ooma can set a default out going number.

Contacted customer support they where able to call my ported number and my account showed that they did use the ported number.

Has anyone else had this happen?
#29234 by ssmith
Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:25 am
Reconfigured the network connection by removing the Apple wireless router and connecting the Ooma hub directly to the cable modem.

Verified the network is working correctly I am able to browse the internet and the Ooma internal web server. Still can not receive calls on the ported number. To me it looks like the problem is how the ported number is setup at Ooma.
#29359 by ydnar723
Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 pm
Have you duplicated this from other phones other then your cell phone (a work phone, cell phone of a different provider even)?

Curious who you ported the number from?
#29802 by ssmith
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am
Tried to call from cell phone, work phone, and 3 different neighbors tried to call they use Comcast or Vonage.

Ported number from Vonage.

Connected Ooma directly to cable modem.

See post "Ooma vs. ported number"; someone stated that the temporary number goes away after they ported my old number. I still have an active temporary number and can log into My Ooma using the temporary and ported number. If this number should have gone away then they must not have completed the port process on their side.
#30303 by bw1
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:58 am
The temporary number won't go away if you have Premier (including the free trial).

Have you rebooted the hub?

Have you reset the hub to factory settings?

Probably a longshot, but some here have reported that Vonage didn't remove their number from the Vonage database. You could contact Vonage and ask them to ensure that your number is removed.

The most likely problem is that there is a problem with routing your calls by the carrier. You need to make a log of calls that didn't connect - including the calling number, date and time. Then contact Ooma CS, who should be able to check into it.