Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#27636 by CaSurfer
Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:55 pm
I use YouMail on my cellphone and wanted to send my OOMA voicemail there so I could have all my voicemail in one place.

It turns out YouMail has this feature where they let you forward voicemails from other services to your YouMail account - so you can get them transcribed or pick them up on their iPhone and Blackberry visual voicemail applications.

That used to work with OOMA. You'd just change your e-mail address to 4156667777@my.youmail.com (if your phone number was 415-666-7777). Now it looks like they're not allowing this any more - you get an error when you try to save the number.

There are simple work arounds (just forward to another address that forwards to the YouMail number, which I've done).

But does anyone know more? Can anyone from OOMA comment? Any reason you're not allowing people to take advantage of much better voicemail than you guys offer?
#27692 by Dennis P
Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 pm
No conspiracy here. Nothing sinister. No one blocking anyone. Just a problem parsing sub-domains in My Ooma. foo@a.b.com also fails. We'll get it fixed.