Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#27620 by stevenp
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 pm
I would like to see more flexibility for 2-line configurations. For example, my former VOIP service provided 2 lines from a single 'box' -- no 'Scout' needed. Each incoming number had a distinctive ring and it's own separate vm with separate PIN access. VM could also be accessed from any phone by dialing '0' and then either 0 or 1 for the 2 lines. This is easier than dialing your own number and waiting to connect to access vm from a handset. (My hub/scout are not easily accessible.)

Right now I have a Hub and Scout for my home and office lines. I'd like it if (at least) the primary Home line was NOT shared--right now only the Scout can be a personal device. This is to get simplified separate access to voicemail for the 2 lines.

Is there any way to eliminate the 'Scout' and get simple 2-line features? Or, at the very least, allow the Hub and Scout to each be a personal device to separate functionality?

(BTW, I think it's great that you can answer either line from any handset thru the flash button.)
#27803 by bw1
Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:33 pm
I think you'll need to wait for Ooma's next generation product. Perhaps the SOHO system they have planned for next year will give you what you're looking for.

The only option currently that some are doing is to place the hub and scout side by side and connect the phone port of the hub to line 1 of a two line phone system and the phone port of the scout to line 2.