Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#27569 by tin
Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:41 pm
Can't I simply hand over the unit to the new owner and update account info myself in ooma lounge? instead of going thru ooma support for reactivation. Am I missing something?

Regards,
Tin
#27570 by murphy
Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 pm
You can't change your name or remove your credit card info yourself.
Ooma must do it and there is a fee charged for reactivation.
#27605 by Lola
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:00 pm
I think OP has a point, when I go to the lounge, it looks like all names and credit card numbers are editable right there (under Account->Billing Information and Account->Profile), as in you can just change them on the website. I was able to change the credit card number associated with my account, even the cardholders name is editable. Maybe this is a loophole?

As far as I can tell, the only thing the website does not let you do is update the callerid name display and remove telephone numbers, which I believe are two things they charge for.
#27611 by gregg098
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:37 pm
I would think that where they would get you is the phone number itself. If you give/sell the ooma to someone, they would need a new phone number assuming you ported your number out. This is where ooma would be able to assess a new owner re-registration fee.