Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26342 by Davesworld
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:08 pm
I recently became an Ooma customer and quickly decided to port my Packet 8 number of two years over to Ooma since my Packet 8 Freedom Annual plan was set to renew automatically November 10th. I figured there was no better time than the late part of an annual prepaid contract to do this with time to spare should something go wrong.

It was rather trivial to start the process, I filled out the LNP request form online and sent it via the left mouse button. I quickly got a confirmation email followed by another email giving me the approximate date of Tuesday October 13th. I later got a more certain email telling me it was scheduled to really happen on the 13th. Yesterday on the 13th I got an email telling me to use my ported number to log into My Ooma followed by another email in the afternoon saying it was complete and to cancel my old VOIP plan since the number port was successful. So far it seems to work just fine.

Of course Packet 8 tried to convince me to keep it active in case I want to give to a friend or relative. I said Nah, terminate it. For some reason Packet 8 is subject to a few little taxes here in Washington State due to some presence Packet 8 has here if I understand the reason correctly. In reality though, it actually winds up being closer to 25 bucks a month with the annual plan here with no overseas calls. Canada and US are unlimited.

Since I had already set up a second number and am in the Premier trial, the carefully chosen (really easy to remember, could make a song out of it) second number remained intact as the secondary number, the port only replaced the main number just I had hoped.

Just thought I would relate something that went right here.
#26348 by cjones78
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 am
This is good to hear. I am in the process of getting my number ported to Ooma as well. I submitted my number port information on October 8th and received an email with the LOA immediately. However, I've yet to receive an email with an estimated date for the number port that I was supposed to receive within 5 business days. I happened to find out that the estimated date for number porting will be October 22nd when I called CS about a billing issue. I am hoping I receive an actual confirmation email that the port will definitely take place on the 22nd, as well as the emails you received on the day of the port.

Thanks for posting your success story, though! :-)
#26492 by Davesworld
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:25 pm
I hope the name difference does not cause you a problem, it shouldn't since we're talking about a spouse and not just a random person. I put mine in on the 28th of Sept late at night and the port took place on October 13th.
#26494 by hpepper
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 pm
Although it was not Ooma, I did do a successful port from my son's Sprint cell account to mine. Same last name, but a different first name and an entirely different address.