Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1325 by Acxpert
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:51 am
It would be nice if we could purchase individual features we want rather than having to pay the full price of ooma premier.

Just a thought......
#1333 by superdlux
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm
how much cheaper could it be?
$99/year = $8.25/month
That's only 825 pennies.
#1343 by scoutconnor
Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm
superdlux wrote:how much cheaper could it be?
$99/year = $8.25/month
That's only 825 pennies.

yes, plus the $250 for the device itself, plus tax (for me it was 8.25%), plus the number transfer ($40), plus time on the phone (priceless), plus extra scout devices(@$70 each, tax, and 5 phones, that's another $375, With ooma core and no landline, no scouts are really needed),

I was thinking maybe $2 a month per feature or $20 a year
another option could be a lifetime subscription for between $150 and $250 because I'm more likely to just go out and buy another hub in order to get the second line than to pay $99 a year (which over time adds up, 2yrs=$198 3yrs=$297 etc.)
#1345 by Carfixer64
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 pm
Yes, but like any new techie stuff , the prices come down.

Check out ebay. Those who don't want their scouts are selling them cheap.

I see new complete hub and scout packages are slowly selling for less too.
It all takes time and providing ooma keeps doing their homework properly and happy ooma owners keep spreading the word, this network will thrive and we will get more bang for our buck.
#1350 by superdlux
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 pm
I don't know where all your other expenses are coming from.
If you do premier, the port is free.

why would you count the cost of other phones and scouts? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Even if you purchased an additional ooma system in order to get a second line, you wouldn't get the other premier features.

Do I wish they were all free– yes, but I also want ooma to have a business model that makes them some money so they don't go out of business in a year or two.
#1351 by skellener
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 pm
So far I've been really impressed with the stuff the Ooma guys have come up with for Premier. Originally I was going to stick with the basic, but they are doing such a great job, I may go for Premier. I'm just waiting see how how the custom caller ID feature goes. To be honest, what they are doing is really the best way to approach it - make compelling features that users want. So far, that's exactly what they've done.