Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25951 by phayes38
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 pm
I just wanted to share some thoughts on why I will not be buying a telo. The main two reasons are:

1. $49 for voicemail

2. $12 annual fee

I instead plan on purchasing the Ooma Hub. I think I will survive without the enhanced HD quality voice, but I can't live without voicemail. I am not sure if standard voicemail is free on the telo, but I know it is on the hub. Also, the $12 annual fee isn't much, but that plus the voicemail charges put the cost of ooma up around the cost of skype. As a current skype user, I hope to lower my costs, not increase them.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Or are you justifying the Telo for some reasons I can't see?
#25968 by MarkSly
Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm
I'm certainly disappointed with the lack of voicemail for the Telo. I'd been waiting a couple of months before buying hardware to get the Telo. If I'd known about the changes to the T&C's I'dve bought the Hub and Scout earlier.

That said, I'm still going with the Telo. I'm interested in the possible products coming down the line, and I can survive with an old-fashioned answering machine if I have to.

As for the $12/year taxes, I have no problem paying for that, as some of that goes to 911 service. I don't feel I have a right to get 911 service for free if I have an active phone line.