Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25776 by adrenalinenova
Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:26 pm
I am wondering what the electrical usage is for all of the ooma devices. I have a Kill-a-watt that I use to track my electricity usage (an electricity audit) quarterly.

Of note I do not believe there is any real economic advantage in this information but I am a bit of a green weenie and like to maintain a very low C footprint. That is one of the reasons I chose the ooma because I do not have to keep my computer on thereby using less electricity.

I am hoping to use this information to discern the best possible combination for two phones with two phone lines. Is a scout and hub with my current phones better than the telos with one telos cordless? Of course my wife wants two cordless handsets so we will likely compromise and get two cordless telos. Still I wonder how much more electricity that will use and if it is enough to get my way for a change?
#25784 by jazzyone
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm
If my UPS is correct, the hub, scout, wifi router, cable modem and a phone uses 4 watts. I doubt the telos will use much more.
#25790 by murphy
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:28 pm
Using a Kill A Watt

The hub draws 7 watts
The scout draws 1 watt
The Telo draws 4 watts with the lights off and 5 watts with the lights on
#25813 by allo
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm
murphy wrote:Using a Kill A Watt

The hub draws 7 watts
The scout draws 1 watt

That's funny: Using the same K.a.W , my hub uses 5 watts.
I haven't checked the scout.
#25973 by debonas
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:19 pm
Is the power rating only for 110 v or its compatible with international supply too
#27019 by georget99
Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 pm
allo wrote:
murphy wrote:Using a Kill A Watt

The hub draws 7 watts
The scout draws 1 watt

That's funny: Using the same K.a.W , my hub uses 5 watts.
I haven't checked the scout.

I think using a Kill-A-Watt at these power levels is like trying to weigh a letter with a bathroom scale. The device's error is probably greater than what your trying to measure.