Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25719 by whn
Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 pm
I think OOMA TELO faceplates could be a big hit.

I imagine art work utilizing the blue glowing lights.

A sticker of sort or plastic overlay atop the Telo front.

Kinda like the XBOX 360 faceplates, but with the TELO you can integrate the blue lights into your art.

xbox_360_faceplates_270605.jpg
xbox_360_faceplates_270605.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
#25751 by Leeway
Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 pm
Those are cool !!

I suggested that the Telo should come in various color choices. Personally, I am tired of black now.

Technology items follow colors and we've gone through the gamut from beige to gray to silver to black. We are certainly in a black mode with technology and appliances now.

I think colors and 'slipcovers' :P would be a fun add-on
#25756 by whn
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm
Leeway wrote:I think colors and 'slipcovers' :P would be a fun add-on

Yea, Im going to work on some and see what I come up with.
#25818 by southsound
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm
Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

(I'm not usually this negative, but come on, if ooma doesn't make some serious positive strides the color or the cover won't matter.)
#25849 by whn
Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:55 am
southsound wrote:Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

(I'm not usually this negative, but come on, if ooma doesn't make some serious positive strides the color or the cover won't matter.)

I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.

Working on some now.
#25850 by doug
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 am
whn wrote:I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.

This is definitely an after-market type thing. Ooma should stick with the Henry Ford approach, which is to say offer in any color you like as long as it is black.

IMHO.
#25871 by southsound
Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 am
whn wrote:
southsound wrote:Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.

Working on some now.

Ahhh. Now that I read your post again it is more clear. I say go for it! :cool:
#25890 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 am
Anything placed on top of the Telo can potentially interfere with the proximity switches.
#25928 by Leeway
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am
I'm glad you clarified that Southsound. You are certainly anything but a negative person and a lot of fun I might add. I was so surprised when I read your original reply. Now I understand too. ;)