How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
whn
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by whn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 pm

I think OOMA TELO faceplates could be a big hit.

I imagine art work utilizing the blue glowing lights.

A sticker of sort or plastic overlay atop the Telo front.

Kinda like the XBOX 360 faceplates, but with the TELO you can integrate the blue lights into your art.
xbox_360_faceplates_270605.jpg
xbox_360_faceplates_270605.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

User avatar
Leeway
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: North of Milwaukee WI

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by Leeway » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Those are cool !!

I suggested that the Telo should come in various color choices. Personally, I am tired of black now.

Technology items follow colors and we've gone through the gamut from beige to gray to silver to black. We are certainly in a black mode with technology and appliances now.

I think colors and 'slipcovers' :P would be a fun add-on

whn
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by whn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Leeway wrote: I think colors and 'slipcovers' :P would be a fun add-on

Yea, Im going to work on some and see what I come up with.

User avatar
southsound
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Harstine Island, WA

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by southsound » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

(I'm not usually this negative, but come on, if ooma doesn't make some serious positive strides the color or the cover won't matter.)
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

t4feb
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Aiken,SC
Contact:

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by t4feb » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 am

I second that Southsound
Terry

whn
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by whn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:55 am

southsound wrote:Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

(I'm not usually this negative, but come on, if ooma doesn't make some serious positive strides the color or the cover won't matter.)

I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.

Working on some now.

doug
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by doug » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 am

whn wrote:I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.
This is definitely an after-market type thing. Ooma should stick with the Henry Ford approach, which is to say offer in any color you like as long as it is black.

IMHO.

User avatar
southsound
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Harstine Island, WA

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by southsound » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 am

whn wrote:
southsound wrote:Please forgive me but the term "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind. Let's get it working with my.ooma.com and a handset first! and maybe a second line terminated in a wired connection?

(I'm not usually this negative, but come on, if ooma doesn't make some serious positive strides the color or the cover won't matter.)

I'm not necessairly asking OOMA to make them themselves. Talking 3rd party aka me, etc.

Working on some now.
Ahhh. Now that I read your post again it is more clear. I say go for it! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

murphy
Posts: 7165
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 am

Anything placed on top of the Telo can potentially interfere with the proximity switches.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

User avatar
Leeway
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: North of Milwaukee WI

Re: How about some OOMA TELO Faceplates ?

Post by Leeway » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am

I'm glad you clarified that Southsound. You are certainly anything but a negative person and a lot of fun I might add. I was so surprised when I read your original reply. Now I understand too. ;)

Post Reply