Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1301 by kamy
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:26 pm
Hi,

I am a new Ooma user. So I tried to dial international number today after i purchased $10 international call credit.
I dialed 3,4 times but they did not pick up the phone. (it didn't even go to the voice mail).
When i tried to call the 5th time it said I have $9.14 left!!!!

It just swallowed $0.86 for nothing!
The country rate is $.16 a minute.

This sucks...anyone else have this problem?

And also shouldn't ooma offer better international rates?
#1309 by jsummers
Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm
Hi Kamy,
I reimbursed you for the calls in question. In an effort to isolate the problem, can you tell me if the calls in question were answered or was it silence or did you get a ringing tone? Or even something else?
Thanks,
John
Ooma Inc.
#1377 by kamy
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:32 pm
Thanks for the reimbursement, John.

The calls were not answered, and the phone was keep ringing, so i hung up.
This has been keep happening. I tried calling international again today. 2 times the call could not be made. the one time that went through no one picked up, so it was keep ringing. I hung up, then dialed again. And i was still charged minute on it!
The one time that the connection was made the voice quality was bad.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed with OOMA's International service. The rates are high, voice quality is poor, and it is keep eating minutes..

would it be possible to change the long distance provider on OOMA?
something like "startec" maybe..

Thanks alot,
#1434 by sniemeyer
Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:43 am
I also have experienced this. We have tried to call Mexico, and get nothing - no ring. The message states to 'wait while the call is connected', and then after waiting it goes back to the dial tone. Each attempt reduces the number of minutes, but we never get through......

I hope this is not the norm with international calling.