Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16109 by etremps
Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 pm
I'm not sure if there is anything new on this. I successfully saved the ooma lounge web page on my iPhone 3GS but it acts a bit weird.
For example, if I only have one VM in my lounge, I can see the same VM line item repeat itself about 20 or more times. In addition, I am unable to listen or manipulate any of the VMs through the Safari browser.
I don't think there is still an app out there native to Ooma but if appreciate any feedback if anyone has a different experience on this.

Thank you
#16140 by Quicksprj
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 pm
I also would love an iPhone app. I have also experienced problems with the inbox which kept repeating 7 messages I had in my inbox. I heard others having the same problem on other smart phones like blackberrys.
#16167 by ggilman
Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 pm
There's a major web-site redo coming in the end of September. http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2070&p=13782&hilit=lounge#p13782 . I'm speculating that some of the new features that have been discussed but not yet implemented will show up in this new lounge. Eactly what I don't know, but there's a good chance for the google voice integration, iPhone app, and possibly even new content for the Telo.

I've written a couple of iPhone apps myself and actually began some of the groundwork of scraping their site up to the point of logging in and accessing the first page of the inbox. However, after the web site overhaul was brought to my attention, it didn't seem like the best timing. If their overhaul doesn't include some form of iPhone integration, I may pick the project back up.
#47377 by JTalbert
Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:15 pm
amoney wrote:I swear Ooma feels like Duke Nuken Forever!!!

LOL

Ooma should have a new tag line..

Ooma... The home of empty promises...

Back on May 23, 2008, it was to be avail, ehem, in a few weeks...

Yes DNF... see where 3D Realms ended up... Hope Ooma does not have the same fate.
#47557 by JTalbert
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm
Ok, so, I logged into my.ooma.com on my iPhone, wanted to see how well checking voicemail was, Over a year ago you could listen but WTF, with the new site, it REQUIRES FLASH! So no checking voicemail from the iPhone.

Tonight I am going to look for my handset box and pack it up and take it back. Ooma blows my friggid mind how un-customer focused they are, they dont have a clue. I have been in CS in one form or another for over years, and how they are running the company blows my mind. If you well established and you have products that work like Apple, you can have an ego, but when your a startup, trying to build customer base and turn a profit, this business model that Ooma has is insane..
#47570 by BBBoT
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm
I'm sure Ooma has nothing to do with the iPhone not supporting Flash. But if you click the down arrow to the right of the voice mail and choose "download" it'll open the voice mail MP3 file in the iPhone's media player. It's still easier to just have the Ooma email you the voice mail to an account you check on the iPhone but this is a good way to listen to older voice messages.
#47573 by gunfyter
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm
BBBoT wrote:I'm sure Ooma has nothing to do with the iPhone not supporting Flash. But if you click the down arrow to the right of the voice mail and choose "download" it'll open the voice mail MP3 file in the iPhone's media player. It's still easier to just have the Ooma email you the voice mail to an account you check on the iPhone but this is a good way to listen to older voice messages.

Awesome thanks.... I didn't realize you could do that
#47639 by JTalbert
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 am
BBBoT wrote:I'm sure Ooma has nothing to do with the iPhone not supporting Flash. But if you click the down arrow to the right of the voice mail and choose "download" it'll open the voice mail MP3 file in the iPhone's media player. It's still easier to just have the Ooma email you the voice mail to an account you check on the iPhone but this is a good way to listen to older voice messages.

Thats great to know, I did not reaize that either. Yes I do have it setup to have my voicemails emailed to me, but as gunfyter said, if I want to check an old saved vm that I may not have in email anymore, I have times I would need or want to do that.

You are correct, Ooma has nothing to do with the iPhone not supporting flash. But with oh, tens of millions of iPhone out there in use, and since Ooma has the files as MP3's, why not create an interface that will allow you to listen to mp3 files that does not use Flash.