Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24914 by fishmister
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm
Today the Scout speaker stopped working. When you push play on the Scout it connects to the voice mail system but does not play out of the speaker. If you pick up the line connected to the Scout you hear the voice mail play back through the phone.

Tried rebooting and messing with the volume adjustments.... no luck.

I hope the speaker didn't go out after only 6 months of use.

Anyone have this issue / found a resolution? I need to call Ooma Customers service and see what they have to say.
#24916 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:07 pm
The volume dial is on the left side, make sure it's turned up all the way.

Wayne

EDIT: ok I just read your post about turning the speaker up. Guess you already did that!
#29583 by jcarcopo
Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 am
I am having the exact same problem. I see that the scout is working. I have the volume adjusted properly. I simply can not hear audio from the speaker. I tried connecting it to the ooma hub directly, but it made no difference.

I wish I knew what recourse there is for resolving this with out getting warranty involved.
#29723 by fishmister
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:51 pm
After having me test a bunch of things they sent a replacement scout out and it work great again.

If you push and hold down the rewind, fast forward, and trash button all at the same time it will go into a test mode and make a beeping sound. Mine old one didn't make any sound.