Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24127 by pdbowers
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:22 am
If this has been covered before, I apologize. I would like to know if there will come a time when I can add my incoming calls into a readily available database on My Ooma?. For instance, lets say I got a call from a long lost friend, or an employer, someone I very rarely hear from, and would like to keep their number for future call-back.

Is there some way to already do this, and if so, can someone show me how to do it?. If not, in the future could it be implemented??

Thank you,
A very satisfied Ooma Customer
#24129 by hpepper
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 am
There was never a way to "add" numbers to the call log. There used to be a way to export to a spreadsheet and keep the listing of numbers yourself - but this has disappeared in MY OOMMA - Someone brought that up in a previous post - I'm not sure if they plan on putting that option back in or not.
#24131 by niknak
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 am
...lets say I got a call from a long lost friend, or an employer, someone I very rarely hear from, and would like to keep their number for future call-back.

Is there some way to already do this, and if so, can someone show me how to do it

it's called paper and pencil
#24133 by pdbowers
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:40 am
Well, thank you NikNak. Your totally obnoxious response was what I was looking for this morning!. I am a court stenographer, and am very used to typing and even using a pencil and paper from time to time. It was wrong of me to assume that in this day and time there might be a way to simply click and add a number. I think maybe David Letterman might need a new head writer...let me give you his number...do you have a pencil and paper ready?
#24137 by Groundhound
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 am
I think Ooma is working on a phonebook feature, and I assume you'll be able to export logs to that when its available. For now though, copy and paste from the call log to your spreadsheet or document editor is the only way without using a paper and pencil.
#24247 by pdbowers
Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:30 pm
Thank you Groundhog for your response. I have been copying and pasting, but I'm glad to know they are thinking of implementing this feature. The reason I need this feature is because I usually will write someone's number down on a piece of paper, and eventually lose it. If a phone book feature were added, I would have ready access to all my numbers at anytime.

There is a lot of knowledge to be found here, and Im glad you wrote back without trying to be sarcastic. Its very much appreciated, and thanks again.

Paul
#24257 by Groundhound
Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:27 pm
pdbowers wrote:Thank you Groundhog for your response. I have been copying and pasting, but I'm glad to know they are thinking of implementing this feature. The reason I need this feature is because I usually will write someone's number down on a piece of paper, and eventually lose it. If a phone book feature were added, I would have ready access to all my numbers at anytime.

There is a lot of knowledge to be found here, and Im glad you wrote back without trying to be sarcastic. Its very much appreciated, and thanks again.

Paul

No problem. I think you took niknak's comment the wrong way. He helps a lot of people around here and I'm sure his response was intended to be humorous or perhaps a dig at Ooma rather than you. It's easy to misinterpret someone's intentions on a forum an take offense when it wasn't intended. Heck, I don't get offended even when someone calls me "Groundhog"! :D
#24260 by Lola
Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:39 pm
Groundhound wrote:I think Ooma is working on a phonebook feature, and I assume you'll be able to export logs to that when its available. For now though, copy and paste from the call log to your spreadsheet or document editor is the only way without using a paper and pencil.

Groundhound, isnt that phonebook feature the same one that appears in the Telo/ooma hub comparison sheet here: https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/compare as only for Telo units? I was kind of sad to see it listed as a Telo-only feature cause I had heard about it before and sounded very useful.
#24277 by niknak
Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:27 pm
Hi Groundhound...thanks for coming to my defense! It was mean to be "tounge in cheek" but it actually is a way to keep those numbers...I do it myself but always update a master MS-Access database that I keep
no offense meant to the OP (my name is Paul too!)