Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23283 by chuckda4th
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 am
Anyone else have issues calling webex conferences specifically using their Ooma line?

I have a weekly conference that I typically have to dial into 2-3 times before I can hear anyone else. They can always hear me fine. It's especially strange considering I can hear all the webex prompts to enter in the meeting number and whatnot, and have no issues until the voice says "entering conference", when I hear the "beep beep" that I'm entering the conference then there's a bit of an explosion sound, and then I can't hear anyone.

I've never had an issue dialing in using my cell phone or other landlines first try, nor has anyone else on my weekly conference.

Any ideas?
#23858 by hpepper
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 pm
I just tried a GoToMeeting on my Internet connection and had no problems with Ooma - Not Webex, but WebEx like.
#24944 by murphy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 am
Some conferencing sites are making money by charging higher than normal connection fees to the callers phone company. The last example I heard about the fee was 4 times normal. Phone companies are starting to fight back by blocking calls to these greedy sites. That is probably what you have run into.