Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24050 by kylander
Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:46 pm
I share your frustration. I, too, was told to expect a launch of the GV Extensions with the new site. I recently ported my landline number to Ooma unaware that I wouldn't be able to forward that number to GV. No big deal, I told myself, because GVE would be coming soon. What particularly bothers me is that the March 18 news release reads as though GVE already existed -- if not, that it would at least be available for the launch of new hardware in the "summer." Neither appears to have been true. A misleading news release, in my opinion, that was only attempting to piggyback on all the attention GV was getting at the time.

While it's nice to be rid of my landline, which was Time Warner Digital Phone, it turns out I'm not saving that much. I was paying $40 per month, but once I canceled it I lost all of my bundling discounts and ended up only saving $10 per month. Ooma's turning out to be a bit too inflexible for my purposes, so I'm asking myself, "Is it really worth it?"
#24082 by ggilman
Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm
kylander wrote:I, too, was told to expect a launch of the GV Extensions with the new site.

I'm curious who told you to expect this? There was speculation on the forums, myself included, that it would likely happen then, but I don't recall anyone from ooma ever stating this. Did tech support or someone else state as much?
#24285 by ydnar723
Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm
3053596172 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:
While you're at it, could you tell Bill Gates the same thing for us? Thanks.

There's a reason I use a mac. But I would point out Microsoft had an open Beta to give people early access to the new OS. Plus their products are more complex. It doesn't take several months to develop a caller id emulation feature thats already present in the ooma softswitch.

What does an Operating System have to do with the time it takes for Ooma to launch the GV Extensions? Not quite seeing the logical comparison behind it.
Meanwhile I am enjoying the fact that I am not paying anything extra for something that has yet to be launched.
#24346 by nathan
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 pm
Patiently awaiting the arrival of GVE. I was waiting to see this feature for a very long time but to be fair I knew it was in the works all along. No one promised me a specific date since one was not known. There was good bit of speculation in the forums and we had thought maybe it would become available with the interface re-design but that was just speculation.

I rather have GVE arrive and work well rather than have it not be fully developed just to get it out there.

just my $.02

-N