Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#22747 by focuspuller
Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm
My port went through today so Multi-Ring works now.

I prefer all VM on my Cell Phone (the Multi-Ring number).

The way it works with OOMA and pressing " 1 " to accept the call I can not get a call to go to VM.

And as posted before it does no good with hands free in a car...THERE IS NO WAY TO PRESS " 1 " on the steering wheel"

Is there a fix for this coming soon?
#22854 by bw1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 am
Currently, the only way around this is to select "Call forward on network outage" and then disconnect your hub. Then calls will go through and there will be no "press 1" required. You'll still need to set your number of rings on the Ooma to be greater than the number of rings before your cell phone voicemail picks up.

Making "press 1" optional for the other settings is probably the most requested feature. I haven't read any official news if they are going to make it optional.
#22899 by focuspuller
Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:44 am
You'll still need to set your number of rings on the Ooma to be greater than the number of rings before your cell phone voicemail picks up.

Thanks for the reply...

I think it is to set the rings on OOMA to less than the cell phone, since the VM on the cell phone can't press " 1 "
#22922 by bw1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:28 am
focuspuller wrote:
You'll still need to set your number of rings on the Ooma to be greater than the number of rings before your cell phone voicemail picks up.

Thanks for the reply...

I think it is to set the rings on OOMA to less than the cell phone, since the VM on the cell phone can't press " 1 "

That's correct, the cell phone can't press 1, but if you set your Ooma to "Call forward on network outage" then it won't need to (assuming your Ooma is also unplugged) as the press 1 prompt is not used in that case.

But if you set that and your Ooma voicemail is also set to pick up before the cell phone voicemail, then your message will go to Ooma instead of to your cell phone.
#36493 by disappointed-in-ooma
Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 am
4153867111 wrote:
I second your request that Ooma make "Press 1" an option!

If anyone out there agrees with me, please let me hear from you. Thanks!

A lot of people agree with you. In fact, it is one of the most talked about problems on the forum. Not sure what good it will do to have comments from 439 other users who say the same thing, but have at it. ooma is aware of the need and I believe that they will deal with it in time.

THIS IS THE 440TH VOTE TO TAKE OUT THE "PRESS 1" OPTION!
I'm a new Ooma customer, coming from Vonage, and will return to Vonage soon if I can't get a reply from Ooma on when/how they are planning to address this issue. I use bluetooth a lot, driving and not driving, and this is a deal breaker for me. On top of that, I just had a call with a Ooma cust service rep that was very sub-par. She was poorly trained. It should be mandatory to Ooma customer service reps to read these forums and be more familiar with the issues affecting the customers. Most of the times, they are going to face customers with problems that previous customers already complained, posted, discussed, etc.
#36500 by southsound
Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am
disappointed-in-ooma wrote:THIS IS THE 440TH VOTE TO TAKE OUT THE "PRESS 1" OPTION!
I'm a new Ooma customer, coming from Vonage, and will return to Vonage soon if I can't get a reply from Ooma on when/how they are planning to address this issue. I use bluetooth a lot, driving and not driving, and this is a deal breaker for me. On top of that, I just had a call with a Ooma cust service rep that was very sub-par. She was poorly trained. It should be mandatory to Ooma customer service reps to read these forums and be more familiar with the issues affecting the customers. Most of the times, they are going to face customers with problems that previous customers already complained, posted, discussed, etc.

I find your username to be rather insightful and amusing. What if ooma made the change tomorrow and you were totally happy? It seems like you have already made up your mind that you will not be happy and that for this one issue, you are going to leave ooma and the savings it provides to overpay for another service.

You also have obviously never run or been a part of a call center. Call centers need to be efficient. They do not have everyone read through thousands of posts in a user forum, they have scripts for the most obvious and repetitive problems and (depending on tier) have access to a knowledgebase that has been created by higher level support personel from calls made and satisfied, bug reports and status, and in the case of ooma, from experts like Bobby B, Tino, Dante, Dennis P and others.

I guess I've said all that was on my mind about your first two posts to the forum. Except for a kind and hearty goodbye! :P
#36526 by The Picard
Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm
God, people like "disappointed-in-ooma" really get my goat. It's obvious from the start that they don't like the product and don't really want resolution. They simply want to whine. I mean, come on,do you really expect a minimum wage call center employee to read the forums??? They are reading from a script and can probably solve about 80% of the problems encountered. I've had a few problems and, while I wish tech support was located in the USA and staffed by uber-knowlegable geeks, I understand that's not the case. I've called support on at least 4 or 5 occasions and had my problems settled in a fairly timely manner. Trust me, I was all ready to be pissed off when I heard the strong accent of the person on the other end of the line, but they did just fine. Yes, I had to repeat myself several times and, yes, sometimes I had to ask them to repeat themselves. In the end though, they solved the problem.

If you really want help, get off your high-horse and don't come charging in to this forum with a stupid a** username like disappointed-in-ooma."

I'm only half convinced that this guy/girl is even an actual Ooma user. It's common knowledge that competitors hire people to post positive (or negative) reviews online, as well as flooding forums with trolls like this. If you want to be taken seriously then get over your anger before hitting the "Submit" button and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some help.