Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1162 by anandan
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 am
It would be nice if Ooma come up with an online module for submitting number port requests and subsequent status check page.

The main events on the status page would be -

* LOA received and acknowledged
* Port request submitted to current provider
* Porting date scheduled (with date)
* Porting completed / failed (with reason).

As the company grows with more subscribers, manual operations over the support phone line for number porting requests and status tracking can get cumbersome.
#1165 by trim81
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 am
anandan wrote:It would be nice if Ooma come up with an online module for submitting number port requests and subsequent status check page.

The main events on the status page would be -

As the company grows with more subscribers, manual operations over the support phone line for number porting requests and status tracking can get cumbersome.

this would be great... I HIGHLY recommend this feature
#1166 by skellener
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:44 am
When I switched to Ooma, I received email with all of this info.

A status page on the website would be cool, but Ooma does in fact give you this information already.
#1180 by superdlux
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:07 pm
Skellener, glad you received that info, but I did not. I never received confirmation that my forms were received, even after follow-up emails and phone calls. I did finally get an email letting me know that my number was in the process of being ported, and that was only after 3 calls to customer support.
#1215 by Bobby B
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:56 am
Great suggestions -- a web porting status check is planned for early next year as part of a larger project to improve the porting process.

We're going to start with creating a tool to check if a number can be ported to ooma. Next, we'll support purchasing (or redeeming) a number port in the ooma Lounge directly.