Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#20397 by MWPollard
Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 pm
Right now, I can receive email notification on voicemail messages that are left. I want email notification on missed calls.

I know too many people that don't leave messages, but will keep calling until they reach me. I'd rather call them back before they've tried to call me at home ten-twenty times because I was at the office. (There's already a request for a soft-phone app, so I could call them back from the office...)
#21016 by thbjr
Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm
...or check your call log in the lounge. For me personally, I'd rather not have my inbox filled with notifications of missed telemarketer calls.
#21020 by MWPollard
Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:32 pm
thbjr wrote:...or check your call log in the lounge. For me personally, I'd rather not have my inbox filled with notifications of missed telemarketer calls.

Problem is, the Lounge doesn't auto-refresh, about which I have also entered a request. Further, the Lounge logs me out after a few minutes of inactivity. In contrast, Google Voice will stay up in the background and automatically refresh when a new call comes in.

Note that this is a "feature" request - you don't have to use it, just like you don't have to get email notification for left messages. I don't get a lot of telemarketer calls, and I'd rather get emails for the ones I do get than miss a call I'm looking for but doesn't leave a message. (Besides, for whatever reason, telemarketers are more likely than real people to leave a message. And I already have blocked numbers go straight to voicemail.)

And for what it's worth, I have also entered this (email notification on missed calls) as a request on Google Voice.
#122678 by VegasGuy
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 pm
I like this one. There are times when you are expecting a call and don't want to miss it. Being able to turn this option on/off would be a very nice feature even for those who would not generally need it 24/7.
#122850 by mike_b
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:10 am
If you use an Android phone, the "Voicemail Checker for Ooma" app will provide voicemail and missed call notifications. I've used it for one year with no problems.