Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#20133 by jm9496
Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:27 pm
I now record almost all of my calls to cable/cell phone/enc. customer service. These people try to get away with a lot, and my call records nicely organized in Google voice are awesome to have to forcefully resolve problems.

When recording calls with Google voice, I have to use a "call widget" to initialize the call (otherwise I don't get to use "press 4 to record the call." It would be nice to do this with ooma directly and have the recorded call get dropped into a recorded calls folder in the lounge.

SO: feature request...
A way to record a call either (1) on demand; or (2) before dialing.
(1) would be a key sequence or a button on the hub that would initialize recording
(2) would be a star sequence prior to dialing that would initialize recording.

(a) an option to turn on a "call recording on" message (like google voice) in 2-party consent states.
(b) put call into a recorded calls folder in the lounge

----
please no legal discussion of call recording here. This topic always turns into one of these discussions. Google it. read the summary of the laws. know if you need one or two (all) party consent in your state.
#20337 by christopher9123
Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm
I completely agree! This would be a GREAT an useful feature! I also don't want to get into a legal discussion about it here. This would be another feature that give more power to the people! This is kind of a stated vision of OOMA. It would be great to add this feature with a way to search for a previously recorded message.

Chris
#88690 by pearl298
Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 pm
I agree. This is especially useful for homeowners who are "negotiating" with banks to keep their homes. HINT: THEY LIE!

It is the only reason that I still use Skype!
#122017 by VegasGuy
Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:43 pm
I'd like to revive this old thread and request this feature too. I also want to request this thread not turn into a debate about the legalities of recording calls. IMO, if that's your concern then follow your state and federal laws and let others make their own decisions. We're adults. As for me, if someone is lying to me or if I'm being abused as a customer I want a record of it.

A star code that is easy to remember, like *72 (*RC), would be a great feature. After the call was terminated an mp3 file would be automatically emailed to you.
#122018 by oomamaniacal
Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:15 pm
VegasGuy wrote:I'd like to revive this old thread and request this feature too. I also want to request this thread not turn into a debate about the legalities of recording calls. IMO, if that's your concern then follow your state and federal laws and let others make their own decisions. We're adults. As for me, if someone is lying to me or if I'm being abused as a customer I want a record of it.

A star code that is easy to remember, like *72 (*RC), would be a great feature. After the call was terminated an mp3 file would be automatically emailed to you.

I totally agree. If the Comcast takeover of Time Warner goes through, and Comcast jacks up my TWC Everyday Low Rate internet, I want to be able to record my cancellation call. :D
#122028 by VegasGuy
Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 am
oomamaniacal wrote:I totally agree. If the Comcast takeover of Time Warner goes through, and Comcast jacks up my TWC Everyday Low Rate internet, I want to be able to record my cancellation call. :D

I heard the recording of the customer trying to cancel his Comcast service, too. It was abusive.

Time and time again people get abused by the companies they do business with and by government bureaucracies. What is a futile struggle of the little guy against an intractable behemoth often gets miraculously solved once the recording is made public by the news media. That's why I would like to see this feature.
#122740 by Leyte
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:15 am
I agree, we need recording capability. Why can't the USB port be made available to those that wish to record to their PC?
#122758 by VegasGuy
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:33 pm
Leyte wrote:I agree, we need recording capability. Why can't the USB port be made available to those that wish to record to their PC?

Or to a USB thumb drive. A person could record months of conversations to a 16-32 gb drive.
#122764 by JonInNY
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:07 am
Temporarily, you can also get a small digital voice recorder, and use a speakerphone to record the call. Simple!