Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#18953 by mondonada
Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 am
I would love it if you would integrate a fax service like trustfax. I pay $20 per year for that line and I think it would be a great addition to your already pretty good service.
#19181 by scottlindner
Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 am
I made a similar request a while ago.
http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1919

It seems logical for Ooma to come to partner agreements for add ons. I don't use fax much, but if Ooma struck the right deal I'd be very happy.

I have been suspecting Ooma might eventually need to consider something different than Basic vs Premier service. Maybe something like premier feature credits and you spend the credits on various addons. I know that would be more difficult for them to manage and right now probably isn't the time for them to consider it. Hopefully when they get bigger and their annual balance sheets are in the black they might start seeking out new ways to bring in more services such as a Fax service.

Cheers,
Scott
#19961 by ljleelee
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:23 pm
I need a fax software program to fax from my pc or phone. i would also love it if ooma provided the software for this. Kind of disappointed they didnt.
#19982 by scottlindner
Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 am
ljleelee wrote:I need a fax software program to fax from my pc or phone. i would also love it if ooma provided the software for this. Kind of disappointed they didnt.

This may be possible when the SDK is released. Hopefully, it will be possible to create a virtual Fax modem driver to install on your PC.

Scott
#19984 by Groundhound
Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 am
ljleelee wrote:I need a fax software program to fax from my pc or phone. i would also love it if ooma provided the software for this. Kind of disappointed they didnt.
I've successfully sent a fax using the standard fax program that comes with Windows through the hub. I had to reduce modem speed to 9600 and use *99 prefix but it did go through. I haven't tried receiving that way as it was a one-time thing, I have a fax machine that I normally use.
#19985 by scottlindner
Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 am
Groundhound wrote:
I've successfully sent a fax using the standard fax program that comes with Windows through the hub. I had to reduce modem speed to 9600 and use *99 prefix but it did go through. I haven't tried receiving that way as it was a one-time thing, I have a fax machine that I normally use.

I'm assuming you are using a modem with fax capabilities to do this, right?
#19987 by Groundhound
Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 am
scottlindner wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

I'm assuming you are using a modem with fax capabilities to do this, right?

Yes, I think it's hard to buy one without fax capabilities these days.
#19988 by scottlindner
Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am
Groundhound wrote:Yes, I think it's hard to buy one without fax capabilities these days.

Agreed, but your post almost read like you didn't even need a fax modem. That's why I asked.

Scott