Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19823 by jm9496
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:14 am
but this "problem" also screws with, for example,
[*]remote fax reception (when your fax machine holds faxes in memory and then you call and have them forwarded to you)
[*]widgets like house freezing monitors that you call to check the temperature when you are away on vacation during winter (EXAMPLE http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/131 ... ct/50-2002 and yes, I do know people who leave home for 1-2 months and use these things)
[*]alarm call-back programming used to program napco and other home alarm systems
#19836 by niknak
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am
jm9496 wrote:but this "problem" also screws with, for example,
[*]remote fax reception (when your fax machine holds faxes in memory and then you call and have them forwarded to you)
[*]widgets like house freezing monitors that you call to check the temperature when you are away on vacation during winter (EXAMPLE http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/131 ... ct/50-2002 and yes, I do know people who leave home for 1-2 months and use these things)
[*]alarm call-back programming used to program napco and other home alarm systems

ooma is a residential Voice Over IP - if those options are needed it's best to maintain POTS
#19908 by scottlindner
Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm
niknak wrote:
jm9496 wrote:but this "problem" also screws with, for example,

ooma is a residential Voice Over IP - if those options are needed it's best to maintain POTS

That is a weak argument since many VOIP providers do not block DTMF.

Scott
#22277 by just4fn
Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am
Why does Ooma block DTMF signals? I am pretty sure they didn't when I 1st got the sytem but now they are blocked.
#22295 by just4fn
Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm
The reason I don't think they were blocked is that I had an answering machine hooked up and I believe i was able to access it through the dtmf tones. I could be wrong but that is what I remember.
#22734 by Bobby B
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 pm
Right now, inbound DTMF doesn't work on the Hub due to a limitation with a proprietary hardware component/driver.

We are planning to support inbound DTMF on the Ooma Telo, since the device is not limited by this proprietary component.
#22827 by scottlindner
Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 am
Bobby B wrote:Right now, inbound DTMF doesn't work on the Hub due to a limitation with a proprietary hardware component/driver.

We are planning to support inbound DTMF on the Ooma Telo, since the device is not limited by this proprietary component.

Thank you for stating the hard facts on this. That is what we needed to know to stop the swirl on it.

Scott