Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16790 by DrewAZ
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm
Can someone tell me what it is?

Is it a replacement for the current system?

Thanks
#16792 by southsound
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm
Telo is the next version of the ooma system. According to what I've read on the various tech blogs and trade newletters, it will not replace the current hardware but will be another option purchasers may choose. Instead of having the current hub and scout, it will consist of a base unit (similar to the hub but black and really sleek looking) and one or more cordless DECT 6.0 handsets (replacing the scout).

The current hub and scout will continue to be sold and supported but the Telo will not be hardware compatible. In other words, you will not be able to use the scout with a Telo. Of course, you won't need to since the cordless handsets have all of the scout features built in. None of us customers on the forum have had the opportunity to play with one yet, but ooma tells of product availability before the Christmas season.

If you just purchased your ooma system I would not feel bad about the upcoming Telo. The current hub/scout is a great system and I love mine. If I find the feature set of the Telo to be compelling enough that I have to have one, I'll gift my existing system to a relative - even 7 months old it will make one really nice gift. Bottom line, you've made a great purchase and finding this forum has put you among friends! Welcome to the forum and to ooma. You're going to like it here! :cool:
#16817 by DrewAZ
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 am
Thanks for the info southsound!

I purchased my hub at Costco so I can return it anytime if there is a reason to upgrade to the new system.

Have a good weekend!
#16832 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 am
I think one of the best improvements of the telo is the wireless connection between the base and the phone (scout) instead of the wall to wall connection of the hub/scout we have now. That will cut out a lot of user issues in the future. No more hpna/dsl/landline issues!

Wayne
#16833 by southsound
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:33 am
Hopefully there will still be a little dimmer wheel to drive people to the forum! Not to mention the other benefits to some special forum contributors:

:razz:
#16835 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:35 am
God Bless the dimmer wheel and the envelope button! :-)

Wayne
#16904 by just4fn
Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 pm
I've had my ooma for 6 months and didn't know I had an envelope button until I turned up that pesky dial!
#16915 by scottlindner
Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:22 pm
just4fn wrote:I've had my ooma for 6 months and didn't know I had an envelope button until I turned up that pesky dial!

ROFL

What's so funny, is that little envelope/dimmer combo is what drove me to the forum. Now I'm embarrassed.

Scott
#16917 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:32 pm
I remember! :-)

Wayne