Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16400 by MikeekiM
Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 pm
My question is related to a what if question...

What if I like the Telo when it comes out... Is it possible to resell my existing ooma hardware so that someone else can benefit from it, or once it is tied to an account, it is locked down?

Or, say I decided that ooma was not right for me (though that's not the case), and decided to put it up for sale, or give it to a relative...is that do-able?

Just another question driven by curiosity more than anything else...
#16408 by inspectorgene
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm
Below is the response to my e-mail inquiry when I thought the device would not work with my DSL line, and I was thinking about selling it.

BTW, I have everything worked out now, and am very happy.

I am not sure if there is a time limit after you have bought the device. I had only had ooma for a couple of days when I made the inquiry.

Hello-
Yes the person who purchases the device can call us and we can activate under their information and wipe out your information. Please provide them with your security question and answer so when they call in we can verify that information and make the changes.

Thanks
xxxxx
#16413 by MikeekiM
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm
inspectorgene wrote:Below is the response to my e-mail inquiry when I thought the device would not work with my DSL line, and I was thinking about selling it.

I am not sure if there is a time limit after you have bought the device. I had only had ooma for a couple of days when I made the inquiry.

Hello-
Yes the person who purchases the device can call us and we can activate under their information and wipe out your information. Please provide them with your security question and answer so when they call in we can verify that information and make the changes.

Thanks
xxxxx

Nice to know...though I don't like the answer that I have to provide them with the answer to my security question...
#16415 by inspectorgene
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 pm
I think you can change those answers in the lounge.

Just change them to something made up before you sell the unit.

MikeekiM wrote:
inspectorgene wrote:Below is the response to my e-mail inquiry when I thought the device would not work with my DSL line, and I was thinking about selling it.

Hello-

Thanks
xxxxx

Nice to know...though I don't like the answer that I have to provide them with the answer to my security question...