Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16104 by MikeekiM
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 pm
I have established a second ooma phone number for my home office... But I am finding that I need fax capabilities... And I have a scout in my home office (and scouts do not support fax)...

My hub is powering another fax machine, as well as some DVR call backs...so moving the hub into my home office is not an option...

I hate to buy another hub...but that might be my only option... Can I have ooma transfer my second number to a new hub if that is what I decide to do?

Also, is there anything in the terms and conditions preventing two hubs in the same household?
#16106 by MikeekiM
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:02 pm
Cool... Thanks!

That is good to know... My original plan was to just pay the $99 to keep that second line on the scout... But with the fax/data needs, that will probably not work...

Now I just need to figure out if there is anyway for me to get that second ooma telephone line over to that hub... Since this is all within ooma's "four walls", is it a simple request? Or is it the equivalent of a "port" which comes with all the charges of a normal port...
#16107 by southsound
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:42 pm
It should be a simple request - but it may be something that has to be escalated to a second tier. I would consider buying the second hub and after you set it up, give support a call and tell them what you want to do. At worst case, you could return the hub if they were unwilling - but I have found that the folks at ooma will bend over backwards to try to make us happy. I don't think you will have a problem. They have moved several numbers on and off my hub and it only takes them a few minutes. Let us know how it works out! :cool: