Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
WestHillsCA
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: West Hills, CA

Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by WestHillsCA » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Hello Everybody!
I was on a call with a friend, we got disconnected (this happens a lot). We tried to call each other back- but were unable to. Then, my ooma hub starting ringing EVERY 20 seconds.... when I'd pick up, know one was on the line. It would not stop ringing

I finally had to disconnect my Cable modem and shut off my Ooma hub as to stop the incoming calls...

The next morning I turned everything back on. My message light was blinking. I hit play to listen to the messages- only to be told I had OVER 1,200+ messages. The messages had no voice, each was 3 seconds long.

I logged-in to my account via the "lounge" to delete the messages. but I am unable to view my IN-BOX for more than 10 seconds... I initially saw a zillion messages (multiple NEXT links of 20 per page); but then the page defaulted to a blank page and kept flashing. I am now unable to view the In-Box. Appears to be corrupted.

I cannot retrieve my latest messages, because there are still over 1,200+ on my hub. It would take forever to delete them, and that still may not solve the corrupted web portal.

I have called Customer Support FOUR TIMES... they have no answers for me other that it has been escalated and that they don't know what's going on. My hub is unusable as a message Center. The call log still shows the hundreds of calls- but I can't delete them from there....

omma said it would be fixed by the end of the day after my second call... that never happened- nor did they call me like the support agent said they would. I guess I'll go another week without my account working... back to my cell phone, back to AT&T Ticket#CS13744 - I will post my experience on Twitter & Facebook. BEWARE. ;-(

but2002
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by but2002 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:02 pm

WHOAH

Sounds like you encountered a VERY stange bug, and that's not good.

Keep calling.
I guarantee that if you keep trying it'll get fixed

Edit:
Sounds like a call center somewhere got hung, then processed the same call hundreds thousands of times before the loop was stopped
Last edited by but2002 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niknak
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Staten Island, NY

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by niknak » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Nothing much ooma can do since it sounds like a problem with the CLEC ooma partners with in your ratecenter. I'm sure ooma has notified them and they are working on a fix for you

User avatar
scottlindner
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by scottlindner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:04 pm

WestHillsCA wrote:I logged-in to my account via the "lounge" to delete the messages. but I am unable to view my IN-BOX for more than 10 seconds... I initially saw a zillion messages (multiple NEXT links of 20 per page); but then the page defaulted to a blank page and kept flashing. I am now unable to view the In-Box. Appears to be corrupted.
I have had that problem with certain AV software and specific browsers. I have not completely determined when or why that happens but switching to a different browser works for me every time. Give it a shot and see if you can access your InBox.

As for the rest, very unusual situation. I hope they get it cleared up for you soon.

Scott

User avatar
scottlindner
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by scottlindner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:06 pm

niknak wrote:Nothing much ooma can do since it sounds like a problem with the CLEC ooma partners with in your ratecenter. I'm sure ooma has notified them and they are working on a fix for you
Technically there are things Ooma can do, but I doubt Ooma would do those things just yet. I'm thinking contractual.

Scott

WestHillsCA
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: West Hills, CA

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by WestHillsCA » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:15 pm

scottlindner wrote:
WestHillsCA wrote:
I have had that problem with certain AV software and specific browsers. I have not completely determined when or why that happens but switching to a different browser works for me every time. Give it a shot and see if you can access your InBox.

----:>
Thanks.

Not only did I try multiple browsers to access the lounge In-Box (i.e. IE 6,7, and 8, on both XP & Vista); I tried FireFox, Safari and Chrome on my PC's as well. Also tried to access on my Mac Pro laptop (Safari & Firefox) as well as Intel Mac desktop. All do the same thing; Just keeps flashing 24 of 29, 99 of 100, etc, etc, something PHP also.

I couldn't say for certain, but has the "front-line" ooma support gone to India (?), as I have been with ooma for sometime now, and I don't remember feeling like I was discussing my inquiries with agents outside of the U.S. Somtimes it's hard to understand what the person on the other is is actually saying. Now, mind you, I don't have a problem with our friends from India (or anywhere else for that matter)... I'm just thinking that something has changed.

If they can't get this fixed by middle of next week (I need my messages), I will most likely need to forward my incomings to some other source where I can retrieve them. I just hate being told the same thing over a period of a week (from multiple support agents) and not seeing any results- or receiving a response communication via email or phone as promised.

User avatar
scottlindner
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by scottlindner » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:33 am

WestHillsCA wrote:I couldn't say for certain, but has the "front-line" ooma support gone to India (?), as I have been with ooma for sometime now, and I don't remember feeling like I was discussing my inquiries with agents outside of the U.S. Somtimes it's hard to understand what the person on the other is is actually saying. Now, mind you, I don't have a problem with our friends from India (or anywhere else for that matter)... I'm just thinking that something has changed.
I believe they are all located in California. That could be what you noticed! :)

WestHillsCA wrote:If they can't get this fixed by middle of next week (I need my messages), I will most likely need to forward my incomings to some other source where I can retrieve them. I just hate being told the same thing over a period of a week (from multiple support agents) and not seeing any results- or receiving a response communication via email or phone as promised.
I think you need to escalate. This might take until the next day to resolve simply because the person best capable to resolve it may not be available. I know you've waited more than one day, I'm just making the point that some problems may not be resolvable on the spot. In this case, you need one of their engineers or administrators. Maybe you should try escalating to the manager first thing in the morning and then explain that you believe you need either an administrator or engineer to fix the problem on their systems.

Scott

tdewein
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by tdewein » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 am

Keep calling? Forget THAT! I had a problem, called customer care who assigned me a support ticket number, and never heard from them again. I have called back 2x since and they left me on hold while they searched to see if they had a solution yet. Support now seems to be in the Phillipines or somewhere else offshore. I have since returned the 2 ooma hubs I purchased. Still no call back. Paying AT&T sucks but time is money and ooma was costing me more. Good luck ooma!

niknak
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Staten Island, NY

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by niknak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:27 am

...I have since returned the 2 ooma hubs I purchased. Still no call back. Paying AT&T sucks but time is money and ooma was costing me more. Good luck ooma!..
Strange that you are still wasting time posting to ooma forums if you returned your hubs

ydnar723
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Maine...yes that place in between Canada and Boston

Re: Customer Support! WHAT Customer Support !!!!!

Post by ydnar723 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:50 pm

niknak wrote:
...I have since returned the 2 ooma hubs I purchased. Still no call back. Paying AT&T sucks but time is money and ooma was costing me more. Good luck ooma!..
Strange that you are still wasting time posting to ooma forums if you returned your hubs

Good luck with more bills in more places.

Post Reply