Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14943 by essential
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am
Hello all, I am a new Ooma user. I just setup my Ooma the other day, and everything is working great. I only have one main question:

While setting up your Ooma you are given the option to “choose a new Ooma number” or “continue using your current landline with Ooma”. That part of the registration said to read carefully before choosing, but said nothing about not being able to change later. I choose to “use with my current landline” because I wasn’t going to cancel my current service until I gave Ooma a couple trial days.

I was looking around my Ooma lounge and couldn’t find a place to create and Ooma number, and quit using Ooma with your current landline.

Anyone know how to do this? After using Ooma for the day, it works great for outgoing calls, but incoming is a problem based on how our landline is setup (we have two incoming numbers on the same line, so if someone is on the phone, they get the call waiting tone, instead of the call ringing through to my Ooma). I would prefer Ooma to have its own number at this point (to use with GV), but I can’t figure out how to set one up.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
#14944 by murphy
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am
You will have to call support at 1-888-711-6662 to have them switch your system to non land line integration mode.