Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14631 by HWLoans
Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 pm
Hi Everyone,

Perhaps someone can help me?

When I call my Google Voice Number (845)476-8657 with my Ooma # I always bet a busy dial tone?

Is it Just me or Ooma does not work with Google Voice?

HW
#14634 by ggilman
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:19 pm
The other day, my wife called me on my google voice number. It rang on my end but when I picked up, noone was there. She said it just kept ringing on her end. She called me 3 times in row with the same results. So, there may be some issue working between the two systems.
#14637 by Groundhound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 am
I can call my GV number just fine. I'm not sure if this would be the answer to the problem, but I have my ooma connection tone turned off in the lounge under Preferences > System.

BTW, unless you want your GV number public, you may want to edit it out of your first post since this is a publicly viewable forum.
#14643 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:27 am
I called my GV number from my ooma number and all worked as setup.
Also have the connect tone disabled.

Wayne
#14653 by ggilman
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:51 am
The strange thing in my case is that she had called just fine the day before. It may have been temporary. The only change I had made between the two sets of calls was I had turned off "Call Presentation" in google voice.
#14656 by ooma-fan
Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 am
Did you put your ooma number on your GV contact?

I list both my primary OOMA number on my GV contact, but not my seconary.

I call my GV number from my primary, I will be routed to my GV voicemail account as the setup.

If I call my GV number from my seconary, my primary OOMA (and other numbers I put on GV) will be ringed as expected.
#14758 by ggilman
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am
I figured out what happened in my case. Apparently the voice mail on one of my phones actually picked up. I realized this today when I went to check messages on the phone. The message on the phone was the google voice woman asking me to press a button to accept the call. Since another one of my phones picked up, I had no connection & since noone accepted my wife's call, her end was dead. It was nothing to do with ooma.

Of course, I thought I had turned the need for accepting my wife's phone calls by turning off "call presentation" in google voice, but that's a different issue.

Since the phone that picked up was a work phone & I have no control over its settings, apparently I just can't forward to it.
#14761 by ggilman
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:36 am
Actually re-reading "call presentation" information, turning it off is what got me. My intention was simply to connect to my family without having to press a button. However, google uses this as a method of avoiding exactly what happened to me. With call presentation off, the very first phone to answer gets the call. In my case, this was my voice mail. With call presentation on, my voice mail would have gotten the google voice lady, but so would have the other phone where I answered. The first line to press "1" would have actually picked up my wife's call. Since the voice mail obviously wouldn't do this, I would have gotten the call successfully.

That of course doesn't explain how the google voice's voice was on my voice mail (that's a lotta voices). She should have been turned off entirely I would think. However, at least I think I can leave google voice forwarding on to that phone.